AUTHOR GUIDEA. PUBLICATION PRINCIPLES
• Bilecik Şeyh Edebali University Social Sciences Journal is a refereed academic journal published in the field of social sciences, twice a year (June - December).
• Blind refereeing is applied in our journal.
• Scientific and ethical responsibilities of the articles belong to the authors. The authors are responsible for the correctness of the sources for the content of the articles.
• It is essential that the articles submitted to our journal have not been previously published or accepted / submitted for publication elsewhere.
• Turkish Language Institute's current Turkish Dictionary and Spelling Guide should be taken as basis in Turkish articles.
• The authors are not paid royalty for the articles published in our journal.
B. EVALUATION PROCESS
• Your articles should be sent to Bilecik Şeyh Edebali University Journal of Social Sciences via http://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/bseusbed address via Dergipark. Submission of articles via external (e-mail, cargo, etc.) ways is not accepted.
• In our journal, blind refereeing is applied and no information about the authors should be included in the files of the studies you submitted. You can write the information about the authors in the "Note to Editor" section while submitting your articles.
• Your works that you send to our journal should be written in MS WORD program, in a single column, A4 paper size, Times New Roman font, 11 pt, 1.5 pt line spacing. 2.5 cm of space should be left at all sides of the page and the pages should be numbered.
• The APA referencing method is applied in our journal, and the NOTE referencing method is accepted for explanation only.
• Ithenticate plagiarism program reports of the works to be sent by the authors to our journal should be uploaded as an additional file on the application page. If the plagiarism report is not uploaded as an additional file by the author, if it is determined that a similarity of 20% and above or the article in question has been published / accepted elsewhere, the submitted articles are rejected without being accepted for evaluation.
• The articles sent to our journal are subjected to a preliminary check by the Editorial Board on the above issues. The appropriate articles are sent to at least two referees who are experts in the subject. In this process, the referee and author IDs are kept confidential.
• Referees are given a maximum of 15 days to evaluate the articles.
• At the end of the referee evaluation process, the articles of both referee reports are published with the final approval of the Editorial Board and Editorial Board. If one of the referee reports is positive and negative, opinion of the Editorial Board and Editorial Board is taken. If the Editorial Board and Editorial Board deems necessary based on the referee reports, the related letter is sent to a third referee. In this case, it is decided whether the relevant article will be published or not according to the third referee report.
• If the "Correction" decision has been made in the referee evaluation reports, the relevant reports are sent to the authors immediately to fulfill the referee suggestions for the correction specified in the referee evaluation reports. According to the referee evaluation report, the articles can be sent to the referees after the correction or the corrections can be examined by the editorial board. The Editorial Board and Editorial Board make the final decision on the articles where the necessary corrections are fulfilled, and the relevant decision is immediately shared with the authors. The time given to our authors for the articles that the referees request correction is 10 days. During this period, articles that do not make the necessary corrections or send correction files are dropped from the publication.
• As a result of the reviews of the referee evaluation reports, editorial board and editorial board, articles that are deemed appropriate to be published are put in order to be published in the first issue of the journal. Manuscripts whose referee evaluation processes are not completed are kept in the evaluation stage to be published in the next issue of the journal. The authors reserve the right to withdraw their articles in this process.
• For the articles accepted to be published in our journal, our authors are deemed to have accepted the editorial board and English language specialist's right to make corrections, provided that they do not make any fundamental changes to the text.
• If any of the above principles are missing, the articles sent to our journal will not be evaluated.
C. WRITING RULES AND PAGE LAYOUT
• APA reference citation method is used for the works sent to our journal. The NOTE reference citation method can only be used for explanation.
• The articles sent to our journal should be written in MS WORD format according to the A4 vertical page layout. A4 horizontal page layout can be used in tables if needed. The articles that will be sent to our journal except MS WORD format will be rejected without being evaluated.
• Times New Roman should be used as a font in your articles sent to our journal. In case of using transcription font, the font used should be reported to the Editorial Board.
• Page edge gaps; Top: 2.5cm Bottom: 2cm
D. REFERENCES AND CITATION SYSTEM
1. Single Author;
Bibliography: Pamuk, Ş. (2017). Osmanlı-Türkiye İktisadî Tarihi 1500-1914. İletişim Yayınları.
APA: (Pamuk, 2017: 86)
2. Two Authors;
Bibliography: Karaman, K. K., & Pamuk, Ş. (2010). Ottoman State Finances in European Perspective, 1500–1914. The Journal of Economic History, 70(3), 593-629.
APA: (Karaman ve Pamuk, 2010: 610)
3. Three Authors;
Bibliography: Altug, S., Filiztekin, A., & Pamuk, Ş. (2008). Sources of Long-Term Economic Growth for Turkey, 1880–2005. European Review of Economic History, 12(3), 393-430.
APA: (Altug vd., 2008: 412)
Pamuk, Ş. (2007a). The Black Death and The Origins of The ‘Great Divergence Across Europe, 1300–1600. European Review of Economic History, 11(3), 289-317.
Pamuk, Ş. (2007b). Economic Change in Twentieth Century Turkey: Is The Glass More Than Half Full?. The Cambridge History of Turkey, 4, 266-300.
(Pamuk, 2007a: 300)
(Pamuk, 2007b: 270)
7. Internet Sources;
Bibliography: Türkiye Cumhuriyet Merkez Bankası (TCMB) Elektronik Veri Dağıtım Sistemi (EVDS) (2020). Ticari ve Tüketici Kredileri (TL) Ağırlıklı Ortalama Faiz Oranları (Akım Veriler, %). [Erişim: 31.01.2020, https://evds2.tcmb.gov.tr/]
APA: (TCMB EVDS, 2020)
8. Holy Books;
Bibliography: Kur’an-ı Kerim. Rum 3/22.
APA: (Kur’an-ı Kerim, 3/22)
Bibliography: Devlet Arşivleri Başkanlığı Osmanlı Arşivi, Hariciye Nezareti, Mektubi Kalemi (BOA, HR.MKT.), Dosya/Gömlek No 699/57.
APA: (BOA, HR.MKT., 699/57)