CALESS makes it obligatory that the authors comply with the national and international ethical principles. In this context, it is kindly asked that the stakeholders comply with the following items:
Responsibilities of the Authors
It should be ensured that the submitted article has content originality, the quotations and citations need be to correctly prepared within the ethical principles.
The names of the authors should not be indicated in any of the process of submission.
The manuscripts should not be submitted to any other journal.
The necessary permits should be obtained when needed.
The determined principles will apply in the case of conflict of interest.
Only the names of the related authors should be included in the submissions, unrelated names should not be included.
The referees may ask for additional information or data, in such cases the authors should provide the referees with the requests.
The authors should not reach the referees with the purpose of affecting any process.
Responsibilities of the Referees
Referees should be objective and conduct the reviews with privacy.
Referees should only accept the studies related to their field.
The review should aim to be constructive and polite and should not include offensive language.
The reviews should only be towards the study and the factors such as; religion, gender, race, ethnicity, political or corporate matters should not influence the outcome of the review.
The submissions accepted for review should be processed within the specified timing and in compliance with the ethical principles.
In the case of conflict of interests, the submission should be rejected and the editor-in-chief should be notified.
The identity of the authors should be reached and the submissions of the authors whose identities are revealed should be rejected.
No information related to the rejected submissions should be shared or made public.
Responsibilities of the Editors
Appointing double blinded reviewers to the related studies after the submission passes the preliminary review.
The editors should be objective towards all the submissions.
The editors should be responsible in the case of conflict of interest.
The editors should ensure the progress within the specified timing of the process.
The editors should ensure that the processes are realized within the ethical principles.
1. CALESS is an international refereed journal in which scientific journals in the field of language, language education, educational and social sciences are published in Turkish, English and russian. The journal publishes two issues (June-December)
2. The journal publishes scientific articles which have a general place in the community of research in teaching and come from various areas of research in teaching and related disciplines.
3. Additionally, on the term of not exceeding one per year, a special issue may be published on the current affairs in education and proceedings of the national/international meetings (symposium, convention, conference etc.).
4. Copyright royalties are not paid to the authors of the publications.
5. The manuscripts submitted to the journal are first subject to preliminary review by the Secretariat with respect to writing rules and suitability with the article template, and then forwarded to the Editor-in-Chief, and editors in the related field. The submitted articles are inspected with respect to publication, writing, qualification, content, research and ethical rules. The articles which are found to be not suitable are returned to the author without going through referee review.
6. All articles submitted to the journal are reviewed by at least two referees under the principles of double blind refereeing.
7. Articles which are found suitable by the editorial board are sent to at least two field referees. The authors re-send their articles by taking into account the revisions and suggestions stated in the assessment form prepared by the referees. The editorial board make the decision to whether or not publish the articles which are revised. Journal editors have the right to make revisions, -even when the referee process is affirmative- and to make the decision of publishing or not. The articles which are decided to be published are sent back to the original author(s). The responsibility of the errors and writing mistakes belong to the author(s).
8. The authors who would like to withdraw their submission which is in the preliminary process are required to notify the demand through the article withdrawal form. An article which is approved and queued for publication cannot be withdrawn.
9. The editorial board is consulted for determining and updating the publication principles of the journal, and referee assignment process when needed.
10. The submitted articles cannot be published or submitted to be published to anywhere else.
11. Published or not published, the articles cannot be returned.
12. The journal is free of charge and does not require any payment including the submission and publication process.
13. Per author, maximum of one (1) academic research in each issue, and two (2) academic research in a year is allowed to be published.
14. All the articles published in the journal are open access and distributed under the conditions of CommonsAttribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License 88x31.png
15. Authors may request to exclude certain referees because of ethical reasons or conflict of interests.
16. Authors may object to the referee reports or editorial decisions. In such cases, the authors are requested to state their reasoning behind the objection. Editors may start a new reviewing process if deemed necessary after an objection.
17. The articles are submitted via the portal on https://dergipark.org.tr/caless. The articles which are attempted to be submitted otherwise will be disregarded. The referee process will also take place on the same system.
18. All articles submitted must be subject to preliminary review with respect to writing rules and journal template.
19. The authors are obligated to prepare their publications in accordance with APA 7 (American Psychological Association) standards.