The aim of the El-Cezerî Journal of Science and Engineering (ECJSE) is to publish qualified novel contributions in the Science and Engineering disciplines limited to the homepage.
The scope of the journal covers:
Fundamental - applied - experimental and theoretical studies of the Science and Engineering topics including:
• multidisciplinary approach
• fundamental properties
• devices and applications
• materials and nanostructures
• fabrication and processing
• new techniques
ECJSE publishes research papers, letters, topical review articles, and special issues.
Research Papers: Reports of original research work.
Reviews: Reviews present a snapshot of recent progress in a particular field.
This journal operates a double peer review policy. All submissions are preliminarily assessed for editorial suitability by an editorial board ahead of formal peer review.
This journal is a member of the Committee for Publication Ethics (COPE). Please read our Ethical Policy for more information.
Ethical policy for journals
This policy should be read in conjunction with our guidelines for authors and reviewers. This policy applies to the ECJSE journal. ECJSE is a member of the Committee for Publication Ethics (COPE) and applies the principles of publication ethics outlined in the COPE Core Practices.
For Guideline: Authors Guidelines
For word template (Template_en)
El-Cezeri Science and Engineering Journal (ECJSE) is a research journal that started its publication life in 2014 and covers Science and Engineering subjects. In order to establish scientific communication between scientists working in the fields of Science and Engineering, it accepts scientific original articles in English anymore.
No fee is charged from the authors for the publication of the articles. In addition, articles are open-access.
El-Cezeri Science and Engineering Journal publishes scientific original articles under the following headings.
Research Article: These are studies that reflect original research with its findings and results.
Screening (Review) Articles: These are articles that scan a sufficient number of scientific articles, summarize the subject at the level of today's knowledge and technology, and evaluate and compare these findings.
Technical Note: Manuscripts describing a new method or technique describing the important findings of a study.
Each article is sent to at least two referees and the evaluation phase is carried out in terms of form and content. The single-blind refereeing method is used in the refereeing process. Articles determined to be published in the journal are stringed and made ready for publication.
1. TEXT: It should be written in Times New Roman font and 12 pt, and should not exceed 20 pages, excluding the scanned text, including references and figures. Authors should indicate what type of manuscript their article is (Research Article, Screening Article, Technical Note).
2. HOOD: The title of the work should be written in 14 pt Times New Roman with the first letters capitalized, the title should be short and clear in accordance with the text. All of the first-degree titles in the text should be written in italics, with the first letter capitalized, and the first letters of all the words of the second-degree titles in uppercase and italic, for 3rd and lower titles, only the first word of the title should be capitalized and italic.
3. PRESENTATION: All of the first-degree titles in the text should be written in italics, with the first letter capitalized, and the first letters of all the words of the second-degree titles in capital letters and italics, and for third and lower titles, only the first word of the title should be capitalized.
4. SUMMARY: It should be written not exceeding 200 words.
5. KEYWORDS: It should be given at least 3, and at most 5.
6. TEXT: Generally includes the introduction, method, findings, and discussion, conclusions.
7. REFEREES: In the text, , , and so on should be numbered with numbers and should be written at the end of the text in the order in which they are given in the work.
If the source is an article: The initial letter of the author's surname, the full title of the article in quotation marks, the name of the journal (international abbreviations, if any), year, volume number (number): beginning and ending page number of the article.
Örnek: Uygunoğlu T., Şaşmaz S., Oduncuoğlu M., ''Effect of aggregate type on properties of hardened self-consolidating lightweight concrete (SCLC), Construction and Building Materials, 2010, 24 (7): 1286-1295.
If the source is a book: The initial letter of the name of the author's surname, the name of the book in quotation marks, volume number, if any, editor, name of the publisher, publication number, place of publication, (year).
If it is a chapter from the sourcebook: The surname of the author of the chapter, the initial of the name, the name of the chapter in quotation marks, the name of the book from which the chapter is taken, the name of the publisher, the place where it was published, (year).
If the source is a published thesis: Author's surname, the first letter of the name, name of the thesis in quotation marks, type (graduate, doctorate), university and institute where it was presented, (year).
If the source is a paper from the congress: The author's surname, the initial letter of the name, the name of the paper in quotation marks, the name of the congress, the place where it was made, the beginning and ending page number of the paper, (year).
If the resource is a standard: The number of the standard, the name of the standard in quotation marks, (year).
8. TABLES AND FIGURES: All images that do not contain charts (photographs, drawings, diagrams, graphs, maps, etc.) should be named as figures. Each chart and figure should be placed in the closest cited place in the text. All figures should be numbered consecutively in the text.
9. FORMULAS AND UNITS: All formulas in the text should be written in equation format. The formulas should be given a sequence number in the form of (1), and (2). All units must be in the SI unit system.
10. ABBREVIATIONS: Can be given before references at the end of the text.
11. ACKNOWLEDGMENT: If people or institutions are to be thanked, they should be written in this section and given before the references.
Scientific original articles to be published in the Journal of Science and Engineering of El-Cezeri must be submitted online after registration through the journal's web page (https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/ecjse).
(EN_Template) for the sample article.
Within the steps of submitting the article, contact information including the name, surname, and e-mail address of at least 5 referees related to the subject of the article should be written in the Letter to the Editor section. The proposed referees should be different from the institutions where the author (s) are located.
During the application process, authors must check the compliance of their submissions with all the items in the list below, applications that do not comply with this guideline will be returned to the authors.
The submitted article has not been published before and has not been submitted to any journal for evaluation (or a statement has been made in the Notes to the Editor).
The post file is in the form of an OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file
URLs for references are provided where available
The text is single-spaced, written in 12 pt. italics instead of underlining (except for URL addresses), and all figures, pictures, and tables are placed in appropriate parts of the text instead of page breaks. For printing, send quality copies of the pictures as attachments. If the size of the file sent is too large, the system may not receive it. In such cases, you can divide the article and send the other sections one by one as additional files.
The text has been prepared in accordance with the formal and bibliographic requirements specified in the Author's Guide in the "About the Journal" section.
When submitting an article to a journal section where the articles that pass the referee review are published, the instructions given in the Blind Referee link are applied.
Ethical Principles and Publication Policy
The El-Cezerî Journal of Science and Engineering (ECJSE) follows the guides and politics published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) for ethical rules and responsibilities of authors, journal editors, reviewers, and publishers.
The manuscripts submitted to ECJSE must be original, must have not been published elsewhere, and must not be simultaneously considered in another journal. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the publication of the paper has been approved by all co-authors. The manuscript should not contain any statements that are contrary to the law and will result in a violation of the rights. By submitting the manuscript, all authors acknowledge that the journal does not have any responsibility for its results and interpretations of it.
Ethics approval is needed for studies on vulnerable populations, policies, confidential data, ethical business/marketing practices, clinical research on human subjects, research using animals, and retrospective subjects. Ethics committee approval should be stated together with the board name, date, and number in both the “Method” section of the manuscript as well as its last page.
All manuscripts submitted to ECJSE are first assessed by the Editor to find out their suitability for the Journal. Suitable manuscripts are then scanned by the similarity software as described in the Anti-Plagiarism Policy section of the journal website. Appropriate manuscripts are sent to at least two expert reviewers to assess the scientific level of the paper. ECJSE adopts a single-blind review system in which the reviewers’ identities remain anonymous to the authors. Manuscripts are expected to meet certain standards of scientific excellence to get published in the Journal.
ECJSE is an open-access journal publishing original research papers and review articles in both Turkish and English. The evaluation of the initial article submission is expected to take an average of three months. Authors can publish their articles in ECJSE free of charge, and readers can also access the published articles at no charge.
Declaration of Ethical Standards:
If the study does not require Ethics Approval, the following declaration can be used:
“The author(s) of this article declares that the materials and methods used in this study do not require ethical committee permission and/or legal-special permission.”
Otherwise, please declare the board name granting ethics approval, approval date, and approval number.
It is an open-access journal and publication in ECJSE is completely free of charge.