Ethical Principles and Publication Policy
Manuscript evaluation and publication processes in IJERE lead to development and spread of knowledge in an impartial and valued way. Accordingly, these processes directly affect the quality of the articles of authors and the reputation of the institutions supporting those authors. At this point, it is important for all stakeholders (authors, readers and researchers, publisher, referees and editors) to comply with ethical criteria.
IJERE, within the scope of publication ethics, expects all stakeholders to bear ethical responsibilities below. The ethical duties and responsibilities below are prepared pursuant to guidelines and policies published by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) as an open-access way.
IJERE journal can take some decisions when it deems necessary, regarding ethical violations and undertakings that it detects. While IJERE journal takes these decisions, within the data available, IJERE may suspend the submission of articles to the journal temporarily by the authors it believes have attempted these situations.
Ethics Committie Approval
-In accordance with the TR Index criteria for the publication of a study in IJERE, Ethics committee report is mandatory for each article in IJERE Journal. The researchers who are not members of the university can apply to the Ethics Committees in their region.
- Along with these, the Ethics Committee reports should include the following information:
· The date, decision and number number of the ethics committee report should be specified on the first and last page of the candidate study. It should be noted that the research ethics comply with the publication ethics in the method section.
· Including purpose and subject of study, corresponding and other researchers, data collection tools to be used in the research, and research method, the ethics committee application form or Ethics Committee report attachments included in the appendix of the ethics committee document and filled in by the researchers to receive an ethics committee report should also be uploaded to the system.
All parties included in the publication process (authors, readers and researchers, publisher, reviewers and editors) carried out by IJERE comply with the standards of ethical considerations.Our journal adopts guidelines and policies published by the Turkish Council of Higher Education and Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) on ethical duties and responsibilities.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
The authors who submit their manuscripts to IJERE are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
Author(s) must submit original studies to the journal. If they utilize or use other studies, they must make the in-text and end-text references accurately and completely.
People who have not contributed to the study at the intellectual level should not be indicated as author.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors
The editor and field editors of IJERE should hold the following ethical responsibilities that are based on the guides "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and "COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" published as open Access by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
General duties and responsibilities
Editors are responsible for each study published in IJERE. In this respect, the editors have the following roles and responsibilities:
Making efforts to meet the demand for knowledge from readers and authors,
Ensuring the continuous development of the journal,
Managing the procedures aimed to improve the quality of the studies published in the journal,
Relationships with Readers
Editors must make decisions taking into consideration the knowledge, skills and expectations of all readers, researchers and practitioners need. They must also ensure that the published studies contribute to literature and be original.
Relationships with Authors
Editors have the following duties and responsibilities in their relations with authors:
Relationships with the Editorial Board
Editors must make sure that the members of the editorial board follow the procedures in accordance with the publication policies and guidelines, and must inform the members about the publication policies and developments. The editors must also train new members of the editorial board and provide the information they need.
Relationships with the Journal's Owner and Publisher
The relationship between the editors and publisher is based on the principle of the independency of editors. All the decisions made by the editors are independent of the publisher and the owner of the journal as required by the agreement made between editors and publisher.
Editorial and Blind Review Processes
Editors are obliged to comply with the policies of "Blind Review and Review Process" stated in the journal's publication policies. Therefore, the editors ensure that each manuscript is reviewed in an unbiased, fair and timely manner.
Editors must make sure that articles in the journal are published in accordance with the publication policies of the journal and international standards.
Protection of Personal Information
Editors are supposed to protect the personal information related with the subjects or visuals in the studies being reviewed, and to reject the study if there is no documentation of the subjects' consent. Furthermore, editors are supposed to protect the personal information of the authors, reviewers and readers.
Encouraging Ethical Rules and Protection of Human and Animal Rights
Editors are supposed to protect human and animal rights in the studies being reviewed and must reject the experimental studies which do not have ethical and related committee’s approval about the population given in such studies.
Precautions against possible Abuse and Malpractice
Editors are supposed to take precautions against possible abuse and malpractice. They must conduct investigations meticulously and objectively in determining and evaluating complaints about such situations. They must also share the results of the investigation.
Ensuring Academic Integrity
Editors must make sure that the mistakes, inconsistencies or misdirections in studies are corrected quickly.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Editors are responsible for protecting the intellectual property rights of all the articles published in the journal and the rights of the journal and author(s) in cases where these rights are violated. Also, editors must take the necessary precautions in order to prevent the content of all published articles from violating the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Editors must examine the complaints from authors, reviewers or readers and respond to them in an explanatory and enlightening manner.
Political and Economic Apprehensions
Neither the owner of the journal, publisher or any other political or economical factor can influence the independent decision taking of the editors.
Editors, acknowledging that there may be conflicting interests between reviewers and other editors, guarantee that the publication process of the manuscripts will be completed in an independent and unbiased manner
IJERE maintains the highest standards of peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process. All research articles published in the journal undergo full peer review, key characteristics of which are listed below:
· All research articles are reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
· All publication decisions are made by the journals’ Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided
· Members of the international Editorial Boards lend insight, advice and guidance to the Editors-in-Chief generally and to assist decision making on specific submissions
· Managing Editors and Editorial Assistants provide the administrative support that allows the journal to maintain the integrity of peer review while delivering rapid turnaround and maximum efficiency to authors, reviewers and editors alike.
· Journals additionally benefit through the manuscript referral process from the high quality peer review conducted by established journals.
IJERE license agreement
In submitting an article to any of the journals published by IJERE I certify that:
1. I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
a. the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
b. I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to IJERE are not in breach of any other obligation;
c. the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
d. I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
3. I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, I/we will notify IJERE at the time of submission, and in such cases the article shall be released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that this license agreement shall apply and prevail regardless of whether the article is published under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License
Articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Message from Editor
International Journal of Educational Research Review (IJERE) journal aims to be a scientific reference source where authors can publish their work and have access to relevant studies.