The journal, which is published in Turkish and English, includes studies in the social field, with educational and social fields being in the first place, following History, Geography, International Relationships, Public Administration, Law, Political Science, Turkish Language and Literature, Sociology, Public Relations, Philosophy, Religious Sciences, Basic Islamic Sciences, Cultural Studies, etc.
All first time users: Please click on the "Register Now" button in the login section above and enter the requested information. When you register, you must select e-mail as your preferred method of contact. Upon successful registration, you will receive an e-mail message containing your username and password. Should you have any difficulties registering, please contact the editorial office.
All repeat users: If you have already received an e-mail message from us with an assigned username and password, you do not need to register again. Simply enter your access codes into the login frame above and proceed. You do not need to re-register, even if your role changes (e.g., from author to reviewer).
Authors: Please enter your username and password into the designated fields above and log into the system as an "Author." Submit your manuscript and/or track its progress through the system. For detailed guidelines of the manuscript submission process, please download the Author's Manual.
Reviewers: Please enter your access codes into the login frame above and log into the system as a "Reviewer." You may view and/or download manuscripts assigned to you for review and submit your comments for the editor. For further information please download the Reviewer's Manual.
To change your contact information, username or password: Log into the system, select "Update My Information" from the menu above and follow the directions.
Did you forget your password? To have your username and password mailed to your registered e-mail address, please click on the "Send Username/Password" link in the login section and enter the requested information (first name, last name and email address) exactly as you entered it when you registered. If everything matches, the e-mail will be sent.
The studies that are sent to be published in the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences [IJOSES], are first examined by the editor or section editors in the terms of their appropriateness to the journal's publication policies. If the study is appropriate to the journal's publication policies, it is then sent to at least two peers for them to assess. In the case of one of the peer's negative assessments, it is then sent to a third peer. If the third peer's assessment is negative, it is then returned to its owner.
The Assessment Process
If you are considering submitting an article to our journal, we are suggesting you examine our journal, the journal's publication policy, and the author guide. Authors should be signed up first to submit work. After the sign-up, via the entry link, you can start the submitting process which includes 3 steps. In the texts that are going to be uploaded to the system, the name and other information should not be included in any way. These informations are later included by the editors before the publication.
The author (s) is responsible for the views and opinions expressed in the texts. All publication rights of the articles that are sent to be published and approved by the publishing council belong to the IJOSES / USEBD Journal. The edicts that are presented in the national or international symposiums can be submitted to the publication in the condition of being stated. The edicts that are presented in the symposiums should not be published.
Every article that is submitted to the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences is checked by the editors in terms of their resemblance and plagiarism, with the usage of similarity programs such as iThenticate, Turnitin, and İntihal. Articles with more than %25 plagiarism are returned to the author without it being taken to the assessment process. If the resemblance is not apparent in the articles or other works to the degree of %25 and above, the studies are sent to the two referees who are experts in the field. In the case of the positive report that is received by referees, the article is published. In the case of one of the referees' negative reports, depending on the content of the report, if it is seen as necessary by the editor, the article is sent to a third referee. If the third referee's report is positive, the article is published, in any other case, it is not published. If the article is not assessed within the time that is given to the referee, the article is sent to another referee.
The articles are only submitted by the open journal system.
* Cases such as name similarities, surname changes, names that consist of Turkish letters, different spellings, and institution changes may create problems in publication/citation searches that are made by the name of the author. This is why it is important for researchers to obtain their depictor identity/number (ID). For this reason, it is required for all of our writers to register for ORCID. It is recommended that our authors should request their ORCID information and include this information in journals/articles since Orcid is going to be used to ensure standardization and in the joint studies that are going to be carried out with YOK. ORCID is the abbreviation of Open Researcher and Contributor ID. ORCID is a 16- digit, numbered URI that is compatible with the ISO Standard (27729), which is known as International Standard Name Identifier (ISNI). You can create a free registration for an individual ORCID at http://orcid.org .
*APA 6 style should be used in the in-text citations and references. In order to obtain information about the APA 6 style, please use the next link. http://www.apastyle.org/learn/index.aspx
The studies that are sent to the journal, if it is possible, should not exceed the 10.000-word limit, and books and other introductions should not exceed the 1.500-word limit. For the articles, it should be noted that they should not be under the 5.000-word limit. Furthermore, Turkish and English abstracts between 150-200 words, should be added to the articles.
*The articles that are uploaded to the system by the authors are reviewed by the editorial board and then decided if it is going to be taken into the assessment or not.
1. The journal text should be written in Times New Roman type font, with 12 font size, with a 2,5 cm gap from all of the edges, with only one column, with 1 line gap, and in the size of A4.
2. Paragraphs should start with 0,75 indentation, there should be no gap between paragraphs.
3.In the point where stress is needed within the text, it should be done with italics.
4.Before and after the paragraphs, there should be 6 pt gaps.
5.There should be no information about the author within the text.
The Article Title
1. The article title should define the subject of the article, its field, and the limits of its problems clearly.
2. The title should be written in bold, centered, with the expectation of its conjunctions in upper case in its first letters, and 14 font size (Palatino Linotype).
1. At the beginning of every article, there should be a Turkish and English abstract.
2. The abstract should contain the purpose of the article, its important findings, and conclusions.
3. The abstract should be justified and written between 150-200 words.
4. The abstract and keywords should be written in Times New Roman font type, 10 font size, and with single line spacing.
5. In the bottom of the abstract, there should be a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 5 keywords that describe the content of the article.
Title and Sub-titles
1. All titles should be written in Times New Roman font style, with 12 font sizes.
2. In the section titles, the first letters of the words should be upper case, while the others should be lower case, with centered and bold letters.
3. In the section of sub-titles, the first letters of the words should be upper case, while the others should be lower case, with left centered and bold.
4. In the level third or fourth titles, the first letters of the words should be upper case, while the others should be lower case using the paragraph title.
5. The paragraph formalizations are:
Second level sub-title
Third-level sub-title (1 cm indentation) Fourth level sub-title (1 cm indentation) Fifth level sub-title (1 cm indentation)
The Display of Table and Figure/Visual
1. Tables and figures should be prepared to be published and should be used when it is indicated in the text.
2. Tables and the titles of the tables should use Times New Roman, with 10 font sizes, and with single line spacing.
3. In the title of the tables, the first letter of every word should be upper case.
4. The texts in the table should be in single line spacing, with a gap of 0 pt before and after, and should be written in without adding spaces between the paragraphs of the same style.
5. There should be no vertical lines in the table.
6. The width of the lines within the table should be measured according to a width of 1 / 2 pt. 7.Before and after the table, there should be a 12 pt gap.
8. In the display of the title of the table and the number of the table, the number of the table should be bol and left center, and the title of the table should be the normal and left center. E.g.; Table 1.The Informations About the Gender of the Participants
9. In the display of the titles of the figures and visuals, the number of the figure/visual should be bold and centered, and the title of the figure/visual should be normal and centered. E.g.; Figure 1. Turkey Cities Map
1. References should be ordered alphabetically.
2. References should be arranged according to the example that is given below and should be added to the end of the article.
While a reference is shown within the text, a reference link should be used. In the references link, there should be the last name of the author, the publication date of the work, and the page number in the case of direct transfer.
(Akıllı, 2013), (Akıllı, 2013, s. 61), Akıllı’ya (2013) göre, Akıllı’ya (2013, s. 61) göre Two Authors References Link:
(Akıllı & Çalışkan 2013), (Akıllı & Çalışkan, 2013, s. 61), Akıllı ve Çalışkan’a (2013) göre, Akıllı ve Çalışkan’a (2013, s. 61) göre
Three Authors References Link:
(Akıllı, Çalışkan & Uslu, 2013), (Akıllı, Çalışkan & Uslu, 2013, s. 61), Akıllı, Çalışkan ve Uslu’ya (2013) göre, Akıllı, Çalışkan ve Uslu’ya (2013, s. 61) göre,
Four and Five References Link:
In the references where four and five references are apparent, the references link should be like its first mentioned form (Akıllı, Çalışkan, Uslu ve Kurnaz 2013), and in the following parts, it should be given as abbreviated (Akıllı vd., 2013).
Six or More References Link:
In the references where four and five references are apparent, the references link should be like its first mentioned form, and in the following parts, it should be given as abbreviated.
1. In the case where the citation is used to give reference to the same author's more than one work in the same year, the works should be lineup like below: (Akıllı 2013a), (Akıllı, 2013b), (Akıllı, 2013a,2013b)
2. In the case where the citation is used to give reference to the same author's more than one work, the works should be lineup like below; (Akıllı, 2014; Akıllı, 2015)
3. In the case where the citation is used to give reference to the different authors that share the same last name, the works should be given as below. (Akıllı, 2013), (B. Akıllı,2014), Akıllı’ya (2013) göre , B. Akıllı’ya (2014) göre
4. In the case of more than one reference about the same subject, the used references link should be ordered chronologically, and the same date references should be ordered alphabetically according to the name: (Arıcı ve Ungan, 2008; Aytan, 2010; Göçer, 2010; Kurudayıoğlu ve Karadağ, 2010; Karatay, 2011; Dağtaş, 2012; Karadağ ve Kayabaşı, 2013)
5. The abbreviations about the institutions should be given in the first place that it is mentioned and should be used as abbreviations in the following parts: Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü(EGM) – (Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü [EGM], 2012)
6. Legal texts should be displayed as: (Milli Eğitim Temel Kanunu, 1973)
Single Author Book
İnalcık, H. (2015). Devlet-i aliyye: Osmanlı imparatorluğu araştırmaları-1. İstanbul: İş Bankası Kültür Yayınları.
Giddens, A. (2009). Sociology. Cambridge: Polity Press. Single Author Translated Book
Freire, P. (2014). Ezilenlerin pedagojisi. (D. Hattaoğlu ve E. Özbek, çev.). İstanbul: Ayrıntı.
Lewis, B. (2000). Modern Türkiye'nin doğuşu (M. Kıratlı, çev.). Ankara: Türk Tarih Kurumu.
Two Authors Book
Arıcı, A. F. & Ungan, S. (2012). Yazılı anlatım el kitabı. Ankara: Pegem Akademi.
Cook, T. D. & Campell, D. T. (1979) Quasi experimentation: Desing & analysis issues for field setting. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company..
Two Authors Translated Book
Cooper, R. & Sawaf, A. (1997). Liderlikte duygusal zekâ. (Çev: Z. Ayman & B. Sancar). İstanbul: Sistem Yayınları.
Three Authors Book
Köklü, N., Büyüköztürk, Ş. & Çokluk-Bökeoğlu, Ö. (2006). Sosyal bilimler için istatistik.Ankara: Pegem Akademi.
Parris, S. R., Fisher, D. & Headley, K. (2009). Adloescent literacy: Field tested effective solutions for every classroom. Newark: International Reading Assocation.
Çetin, İ. (Edt.) (2010). Dil ve edebiyat öğretim yöntemleri. İstanbul: Nobel..
Coady, N. & Lehmann, P. (Eds.) (2008). Theoretical perspectives for direct social work practice. New York: Springer.
The section in the Edited Book
Uzun Tulgar, Y. (2010). Edebiyat öğretiminde kullanılan teori ve yaklaşımlar. İ. Çetin (Edt.). Dil ve edebiyat öğretim yöntemleri içinde (s. 45-80). İstanbul: Nobel.
Çeviri Kitapta Bölüm
Creswell, J. (2014). Nicel Yöntemler. S. B. Demir (Ed.), Araştırma Deseni: Nitel, nicel ve karma yöntem yaklaşımları (M. Bursal, Çev.) içinde (s. 155-182). Ankara: Eğiten Kitap.
Piaget, J. (1988). Extracts from Piaget's theory (G. Gellerier & J. Langer, Trans.). In K. Richardson & S. Sheldon (Eds.), Cognitive development to adolescence: A reader (pp. 3-18). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
Aydın, A. (2004). Psikolojide yeni arayışlar ve insan doğası tartışmaları. Akdeniz Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 1 (1), 23–29.
Article That is Published in a Foreign Language
Winstead Fry, S. & Griffin, S. (2010). Fourth graders as models for teachers: teaching and learning 6+1 trait writing as a collaborative experience. Literacy Research and Instruction, 49(4), 283-298.
Notice That is Published in Proceedings Book
Yılmaz, K. (2009). Okul yöneticilerinin örgüt ve yönetime ilişkin abartılar hakkındaki görüşleri. IV. Eğitim Yönetimi Kongresi. Pamukkale Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi & EYEDDER. 14– 15 Mayıs 2009. Denizli. ss. 496–501.
Notice That is not Published in Proceedings Book or Notice that is Published as Summary Text
Turan, S. (2006). Eğitim yönetiminde paradigmatik dönüşümler (dönüşen bir şey yok). Türkiye’de Eğitim Yönetimi ve Denetimi Sorunları ve Çözüm Önerileri Toplantısı. 27–28 Nisan 2006. EYEDDER-Ankara Üniversitesi Eğitim Bilimleri Fakültesi. Ankara.
Turan, S. (2001). School climate, supportive leadership behavior and faculty trust in Turkish public schools. American Educational Research Association (AERA). April 10–14, 2001.
Seattle Washington, USA.
Unpublished Graduate Education Theses
Arı, G. S. (2003). İşletmelerde güven ve personel güçlendirme ilişkisi: Bankacılık sektöründe bir araştırma. Yayınlanmamış Doktora Tezi. Hacettepe Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Ankara.
Kamer, M. (2001). Örgütsel güven, örgütsel bağlılık ve örgütsel vatandaşlık davranışlarına etkisi. Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi. Marmara Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, İstanbul.
Evans, T. J. (1996). Elementary teachers’ and principals’ perceptions of principals leadership style and school social organization. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation. Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Türk Dil Kurumu (2005). Türkçe sözlük. Ankara: Türk Dil Kurumu Yayını.
Türk Dil Kurumu (1975). Felsefe terimleri sözlüğü. Ankara: Türk Dil Kurumu Yayını. Encyclopedia
Meydan Larousse (1990). Meydan Larousse ansiklopedisi. İstanbul: Meydan Yayınevi. Report or Other Institutional Texts
MEB (2009). Milli Eğitim Bakanlığı 2010–2014 Stratejik Planı. Ankara: MEB Yayını.
MoNE (1977). Report by the ministry of national education supervision council. Ankara: MoNE Publications.
Legal Texts Such as Code, Regulations, Covenant
Milli Eğitim Temel Kanunu (1973). Resmi Gazete. Yayım Tarihi: 24.06.1973. Sayısı: 14574. Numarası: 1739.
UNESCO. (2013). World Heritage list. http://whc.unesco.org/en/list adresinden erişildi. (Erişim Tarihi: 01.05.2013)UNESCO. (2013).
International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences [IJOSES]’e makale gönderen yazarlardan, Üniversiteler Arası Kurul [ÜAK] Doçentlik Kriterleri Sıkça Sorulan Sorular 44. Madde ile uyumlu olarak makale gönderimi sonrasında ücret alınmaktadır. Dergiye gönderilen makalelerin değerlendirme sürecinin başlatılabilmesi için dijital baskı, dizgi işlemleri, dergi personeli ücreti ve diğer işlemlere katkı olarak katılım bedeli talep edilmektedir. Bu bedel makalenin kabul/red şartına bağlı olmaksızın tahsil edilir.