1. Mukaddime is an international refreed journal that is published twice in a year, in Spring and Autumn (November and May), by Social Sciences Institution of Mardin Artuklu University.
2. In the journal, apart from original research articles, book reviews are also published.
3. Publication language of the journal is Turkish, Englis, Arabic and Kurdish.
4. It is necesaarry for the articles sent to the journal not having been published before or not to be the evaluation process of another journal.
5. Peer-review is defined as obtaining advice on individual manuscripts from reviewers’ expert in the field.
6. The articles sent to be published have to be suitable for research and publication ethics. All the articles passing pre-evaluation of editorial board will be scanned by iThenticate program.
7. The articles sent to Mukaddime for publication are sent to at least two anonymous referees for peer-review after being evaluated by editorial board. In case of disagreement between these two refrees, it is consulted to a third refree. The article has to have a confirmation from at least two refrees.
8. Following the confirmation of the referees, the article will be taken to the proof-reading process.
9. The article should include all the names of the contributors, list of references, financial support.
10. Minor corrections can be made by editorial board during publication process.
11. The copyright of the published articles belongs to Mukaddime. All the legal responsibilities of the articles about the content is under the responsibility of the author.
12. The authors of the articles that decided to be published in Mukaddime will not be charged. There is no any fee for the authors for copyright.
13. Each issue is published online as PDF at the http://mukaddime.artuklu.edu.tr
14. For any questions the authors could send an email to email@example.com
15. The owner of the Journal is on behalf of Mardin Artuklu University Social Sciences Institution, the Rector, Prof İbrahim Özcoşar.
16. The journal does not charge the authors, it free and accessible on internet on http://mukaddime.artuklu.edu.tr
17. The reviewers do not not have conflict of interest, the reviewed articles are treated confidentially.
18. In the event that a journal’s editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct the editor will deal with allegations appropriately.
19. The Authors have to scan their articles by using Ithenticate or Turnitin plagiarism programs. The plagiarism report has to be also submitted to Mukaddime. If the author does not have access any plagiarism programs the journal team will scan the articles for plagiarism.
20. The articles published in Mukaddime licensed by CC BY-NC-ND
1. The articles must be between 5.000 – 8.000 and book evaluations must be between 1.500-2.500 words. The studies not matching this are evaluated by the editorial board.
2. There must be two abstracts both in Turkish and in English consisting of at most 125 words and having titles and keywords sections. On the first page of the article writer’s / writers’ title, institution and address data must be added. Bibliography must be added at the end of the writing.
3. Writings must be written withPC Microsoft Office Word (Word 97or a betterversion) or by adapting to this programme must be sent as Word and PDF formats.
4. Page lay out; must be A4 size, margins must be 3 cm from left, 3 cm from right, 3 cm from up and 3 cm brom bottom.
5. The text part must be written in Times New Roman type with 12 sort; titles must be bold; all the text must be written1,5 line gap, and foot note must be written in oneline gap with 10 sort. For the quotations given in the text, the foot note writing rules are used, and the quotations must be writted as narrowed from sides apart from the text.
6. The drawings, graphics, pictures etc. must be in JPEG or GIF formats. Visual stuffand additions must be sent through e-mail if necessary.
7. The writer/s must use APA 6 bibliography at their articles. The bibliography must be given at the end of the text in an alphabetic order.
Mardin, Ş. (2012). Jön Türklerin Siyasî Fikirleri (18.bs.). İstanbul: İletişim.
Sending: (Mardin, 2012: 234)
Multi authors Book
Abisel, N., Arslan, U.T., Behçetoğulları, P., Karadoğan, A., Öztürk, S.R. & Ulusay, N. (2005). Çok Tuhaf Çok Tanıdık. İstanbul: Metis
Özbek, M. (Ed.) (2005). Kamusal Alan. İstanbul: Hil.
A part in an Editorial Book
Kejanlıoğlu, B. (2005). Medya Çalışmalarında Kamusal Alan Kavramı. Meral Özbek (Ed.), Kamusal Alan içinde (s. 689-713). İstanbul: Hil.
A Book with More Than One Publication
Strunk, W. Jr. & White, E. B. (2000). The Elements of Style (4. Baskı). New York: Longman.
A Part in a Book
Hunt, Lynn. (2009). Charles Tilly’nin Kolektif Eylemi, B. Skocpol (Ed.). Tarihsel Sosyoloji içinde (ss. 270-304). İstanbul: Tarih Vakfı Yurt Yayınları.
Gönderme: (Hunt, 2009: 274)
Lewis, B. (2000). Modern Türkiye’nin Doğuşu (M. Kıratlı, Çev.). Ankara: Türk Tarih Kurumu.
Gönderme: (Lewis, 2000: 12)
A part Translated From a Book
Weber, M. (1958). The Protestan Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism. T. Parsons (Çev.). New York: Charles Scribner‟s Son. (İlk baskı. 1904-1905).Gönderme: (Weber, 1904-1905/1958)
A book Only Published Electronically
O'Keefe, E. (n.d.). Egoism & the cnsts in Western values. erişim http://www.onlineoriginals.com/showitem .asp litem I 135
Aytaç, Ö. (2013). Kent Mekânları Kimlik/Farklılık Sorunu, İdealkent 9, 150-170. Gönderme: (Aytaç, 2013: 165)
An Electronic Article
Karakelle, S. (2012). Üstbilişsel Farkındalık, Zekâ, Problem Çözme Algısı ve Düşünme İhtiyacı Arasındaki Bağlantılar. Eğitim ve Bilim, 37(164), 237-250. 3 Aralık 2014 tarihinde http://egitimvebilim.ted.org.tr/index.php/EB/article/view/779/376 adresinden erişildi.
Gönderme: (Karakelle, 2012: 240)
Multi Volume Studies
Pflanze, O. (1963-1990). Bismarc and the Development of Germany (Cilt 1-3). Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. Metin İçinde: (Pflanze, 1963-1990)
A single-authorArticlefrom a Journal
Aktay, Y. (1999). Aklın Sosyolojik Soykütüğü: Soy Akıldan Tarihsel ve Toplumsal Akla Doğru. Toplum ve Bilim, 82, 114-140.
A multiauthor Article from a Journal
Binark, F. M., Çelikcan, P. (1998). Mahremin Müzakereye Çağrılması ve Yıldo Örneği. Kültür ve İletişim, 1 (2), 197-214.
An Article from An Electronic Journal
Conway, P. (2003). Truth and reconciliation: The road not taken in Nambia. Online Journal of Peace and Conflict Resolution, 5 (1). (varsa doi numarası, yoksa URL verilir. URL örneği: http://www.trinstitute.org/ojpcr/5_1conway.htm Kaynağa ait sayfanın adresi (URL) ya da varsa sadece doi numarası yeterlidir.
Editorial Writing Whose Author is Unknown
Editorial: "What is a disaster" and why does this question matter? [Editorial•]. (2006). Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 14, 1-2.
For Newspaper and Journal Writings Whose Author is Unknown:
The United States and the Americas: One History in Two Halves. (2003, 13 Aralık). Economist, 36. Strong afterchocks continiue in California. (2003, 26 Aralık). New York Times [Ulusal Baskı.]. s.23. Metin İçindeyse: (United States and the Americas, 2003) (Strong aftershock, 2003)
For Newspaper and Journal Writings Whose Author is Known:
Bruni, F. (2003, 26 Aralık). Pope pleads for end to terrorism and war. New York Times.
Leblebici, E. (1991). Gündelik Hayat Olaylarına İlişkin Atıfların İncelenmesi. Yayımlanmamış doktora tezi, Ege Üniversitesi, İzmir.
Gönderme: (Leblebici, 1991: 67)
Pekasil, T. (2012). Toplumsal Statü Göstergesi Olarak Dini Otorite Tipleri: Cizre Örneğinde Şeyh, Molla ve Seyyidler. Cizre 14-15 Nisan 2012 içinde (s. 141-154). İstanbul: Sanart Ajans.
Gönderme: (Pekasil, 2012: 152)
Balkans: History. (1987). Encyclopaedia Britannica içinde (15. Baskı. Cilt. 14, s. 570- 588). Chicago: Encyclopaedia Britannica. Metin İçindeyse: (Balkans: History, 1987)
Gerrymander. (2003). Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary (11. Baskı). Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster‟s. Metin İçindeyse: (Gerrymander, 2003)
Arroyo, Gloria Macapagal. (2003). A time for Prayer. Michael Schuman ile söyleşi. Time. 28 Temmuz 2003. Erişim Tarihi 13 Ocak 2004, http://www.times.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,471205,00.html 9
Long, T. (Yazar), ve Moore, S. D. (Yönetmen). (2002). Bart vs. Lisa vs. 3. Sınıf [Televizyon Dizisi]. B. Oakley ve J. Weinstein (Yapımcı), Simpsonlar içinde. Bölüm: 1403 F55079. Fox.Gönderme: (Simpsonlar, 2002)
Huston, J. (Yönetmen/Senaryo Yazarı). (1941). Malta Şahini [Film]. U.S.: Warner. Gönderme: (Malta Şahini, 1941)
Adams, Ansel. (1927). Monolith, the face of Half Dome, Yosemite National Park [Fotoğraf]. Art Institute, Chicago. Gönderme: (Adams, 1927)
UNESCO. (2013). World Heritage list. UNESCO web sitesinden 10 Kasım 2015 tarihinde http://whc.unesco.org/en/list adresinden erişildi.
Gönderme: (UNESCO, 2015)
Author must perform the registration process before the submission of article. Please click on the Login link on the site for submitting your article. You can also read and comment on the articles in our journal.
Libraries and research centres can include our journal in their list of the electronic journals. Detailed information about ADS (Açık Dergi Sitemleri) can be found from Public Knowledge Project link.
Authors may cite their articles in this journal on their personal website or in institutional archives with the reference of this journal according to respective library rules before or after the publication process. The journal is being published in two volumes a year in the spring and fall with a intervals of six months.
This journal; adopts the principle of making scientific research available to the public for free of charge and with the idea of sharing scientific information globally by providing instant open access to its contents.
The names and e-mail addresses on the website of this journal will only be used for the purposes of Mukaddime. They will not be opened to other people in any case or used for any other purposes.
Without permission, the submitted or published articles in the journal cannot be used or published partly or completely in any other place.
The preview editing phase is aimed to scan plagiarism as well as to improve the fluency, clarity, grammar structure, word selection and appropriate format of the article. This is the last opportunity for authors to the necessary changes in their article, because, only sorting and formative corrections will be done after this stage. The file that will be primary edited can easily be edited as a word processing document since it is formatted in MS Word or .rtf file. Two approaches are proposed here for primary editing. The first is to use the "Track Changes" feature of the MS Word program. However, the author, the preview editor and the editor of the journal must be able to access the program during this process. The second proposed system is to bring individuality of the article and accepted the research work in accordance of Harvard Educational Review. By modifying these instructions, the editor of this journal can make it to its own publication style.
Preview editing systems
1. The preview editor can do the necessary changes by the "Track Changes" feature of MS Word. The "Track Changes" feature can be found under Tools in the Menu bar. The attached texts are shown as erased or coloured at the margins with different colours and with the cross lines. Preview editor can write in the brackets (3rd brackets) if they have any questions or comments to author or editor. The edited document from the preview editor will be uploaded in the system after forwarding it to the editor. The editor will check the text and send it to the author. The editor and author will approve the corrections if they agree with the changes, then they will arrange it, change it, or if necessary, they will do new change and add new comments in different colours. If there are any questions in the brackets (3rd brackets), the author and editor should answer these questions in their respective brackets. After the author and the editor review and confirm their necessary changes, the reviewed copy will be rechecked by the preview editor one more time and the text will be considered as ready for final editing and sorting.
2. Please follow the instructions below to do electronic editing on the drafted article with the Harvard Educational Review method: Respond to proposed changes -If you approve the proposed changes, change the text from bold to normal. If you do not approve the proposed changes, retype the original text and make them bold. Addition and deduction -Please make the newly added part with bold font. Please mark the text you want to delete as like as the following brackets: [text to be deleted] Please add a note to the field if you delete a sentence or more text. Example: [2 sentences have been deleted: the text that will be deleted] Commenting or answering the questions for the author Please do not change or delete the questions to the author. Leave the text in bold font. Add your comments as the answers from author [author's note:] at the end of the questions. Example: [Author’s note: The methodology discussion has been expanded as you suggested.] Making a comment Please use the Comment section to do changes on your article or reorganization as well as for major revisions. Example, [Comment: The above paragraph has been moved from page no. 5 to page no. 7]
Note: Please use the page numbers of the printed copy to give a page number as because the page numbers may change during electronic processing.
An example for electronic editing:
The file of the preview editor The preview editor of the journal will inscribe and edit the article in terms of fluency, clarity, grammar, word choice and then will make the questions for the author with the necessary points. The completed article with this initial preview and edits will be uploaded onto the web page of the journal. A note will also be sent to the author for reviewing the article.
Editing file from the author The author should check the editor’s reviews on the article and do necessary change before making major rearrangement to the format and structure of the completed original article. If the author finds the changes from review editing appropriate, he/she must approve the changes and answer all the questions from review editors. Authors can reject if he/she does not find the change appropriate. After doing this necessary change, author should rename the file from ‘Author’s nameQA.doc’ to ‘Author’s nameQAR.doc’ (Example: instead of ‘LeeQA.doc’, it will be ‘LeeQAR.doc’) and should upload the file on journal’s web page.
Final stage of preview editing The preview editor of the journal will approve author's changes and prepare the final copy integrating the answers with the text. The page editor will notify the editor for completing the format after uploading the latest edition of the article on journal web page.