1. Journal of Media and Religion Studies (MEDIAD) has started its publication in 2018 within The Center for Media and Religion Studies (MEDIAM) in Erciyes University. It is an international peer-reviewed journal published biannually, in June and December.
2. It includes articles, translations, and book reviews carried out with various scientific methods in the fields of Social Theory, Religious Sciences, Communication Sciences, Media Studies, Psychology, Law, Philosophy, Literature etc., focusing on different implications of the relationship between media and religion.
3. In order for the admittance of articles sent for evaluation, it is required that they have not been published anywhere else before.
4. The publishing languages of the journal are Turkish, English and Arabic.
5. The submitted articles are first reviewed by editors. If an article meets the necessary requirements in terms of content and style, then it will be assessed in terms of appropriateness for publication.
6. In the refereeing process, the double-blind refereeing system is applied and all the articles are evaluated by two referees. If deemed necessary, it is sent to a third referee. The publication of a journal is subject to the approval of the referees and the authors are obliged to make the necessary corrections required by the referees.
7. While preparing the articles, national and international ethic rules should be observed. The papers are passed through the plagiarism screening program after the application is accepted. The articles that are not in compliance with the research and publication ethics, or those in which a risk of plagiarism is detected are not subject to evaluation.
8. The studies should include the following parts:
9. The articles should be at least 4000, at most 12000 words (8-25 pages).
10. The studies that should be prepared in the form of A4 size are to be arranged as follows: Paper Size: A4 Vertical, Top Margin: 5 cm, Bottom Margin: 5 cm, Left Margin: 4.5 cm, Right Margin: 4.5 cm, Font: Candara, Font Style: Normal, Font and Space Size (Text): 11 Point, Summary: 9 Point, Footnote: 9 Point, Paragraph Interval: Before 0 pt - After 6 pts, Paragraph Entry: 1 cm Line Spacing: Multiple / Value: 1.15 pts
11. Tables, figures, pictures and charts should be appropriate for the page size of the journal. If necessary, they can be written in smaller point and in single line spacing. Tables and charts should be numbered consecutively in accordance with their order in your text. Footnotes of the table should be placed immediately below the table body, and these should be indicated by lower case descriptive letters. The articles should not include details such as page number, header, and footer.
12. References should use APA (American Psychological Association) Style 6th Edition. Concerning quotations and bibliography, authors should follow the rules and format of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association published by the American Psychological Association.
13. The references list, which must be added at the end of the articles, should be alphabetized by cited authors' last names; last names should be written in capital letters, names in lower case.
14. More than one article of an author cannot be published in the same issue.
15. Articles prepared in accordance with the above mentioned principles and writing rules are sent via DergiPark - -. Articles sent to their authors for development and/or for correction in line with the reports should come back to the journal after the required adjustments have been made no later than 15 days.
16. Due to the 2018 Ulakbim (TR Index) criteria, researchers who wish to publish articles in our journal should have the ORCID number. This number can be obtained free of charge from http://www.orcid.org.
17. The Journal of Media and Religion Studies does not charge any application or publication fees from the authors.