The Journal of Halal and Ethical Research, published by Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University Halal Food R&D Center, aims to form a scientific/academic platform from different disciplines within the scope of halal and ethical research. Thus, it includes original research papers, reviews and reports on healthy halal food and nutrition, alternative food additives, ethical problems in food industry, food fraud detection and method development, cosmetic products and their additives, tourism and hotel management, gastronomy and other similar field or areas.
Within the scope of halal and ethical researches or issues;
· Healthy Food and Nutrition,
· Halal Food and Alternative Food Additives,
· Ethical Problems in Food Industry,
· Detection of Imitation/Fraud/Adulteration,
· Method Development and Validation,
· Cosmetic Products and Additives,
· Medicine and Pharmaceuticals,
· Society and Ethical Issues,
· Tourism and Hotel Management, Gastronomy and other relevant fields.
Helal ve Etik Araştırmalar Dergisi (HEAD)
Journal of Halal and Ethical Research (JHER)
Scientific Paper Writing Rules
ETHICS AND MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
ETHICS & DISCLOSURES
The journal of Halal and Ethical Research is committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity in the content published. This journal has a Conflict of Interest policy in place and complies with international, national and/or institutional standards on research involving Human Participants and/or Animals and Informed Consent.
Important note: the journal may use software to screen for plagiarism.
Content published in this journal is peer reviewed (Double Blind).
The journal of Halal and Ethical Research is a peer-reviewed journal committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics. Hence, by submitting an article to this journal author(s) agree to comply with the following Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement.
Peer Review Process
The journal uses double-blind system for peer-review; both reviewers and authors’ identities remain anonymous. The paper will be peer-reviewed by two experts; one editor from the journal typically involve in reviewing a submission.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
1. Originality and Plagiarism - All manuscripts must be the original work of authors and not evidence plagiarism.
2. Authorship of the Paper - Authorship of a manuscript should be limited to authors who have made significant contributions. Authors should make sure they have permissions for the use of software, questionnaires/(web) surveys and scales in their studies (if appropriate).
3. Multiple, redundant, or concurrent publication - Authors must not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
4. Acknowledgement of sources - Authors must properly and accurately acknowledge the work of others.
5. Disclosure and Conflicts of interest and financial support - authors should disclose any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript and acknowledge individuals or organizations that have provided financial support for research. All authors are requested to include information regarding sources of funding, financial or non-financial interests, study-specific approval by the appropriate ethics committee for research involving humans and/or animals, informed consent if the research involved human participants, and a statement on welfare of animals if the research involved animals.
6. Authors are strongly advised to ensure the author group, the Corresponding Author, and the order of authors are all correct at submission. Adding and/or deleting authors during the revision stages is generally not permitted, but in some cases may be warranted. Reasons for changes in authorship should be explained in detail. Please note that changes to authorship cannot be made after acceptance of a manuscript.
The primary affiliation for each author should be the institution where the majority of their work was done. If an author has subsequently moved, the current address may additionally be stated. Addresses will not be updated or changed after publication of the article.
Please note that author names will be published exactly as they appear on the accepted submission!
Authors are recommended to use their ORCID ID when submitting an article for consideration or acquire an ORCID ID via the submission process and requested before the final proof or publication.
1. Publication Decisions - Editors are responsible for deciding which of the manuscripts submitted to the journal should be reviewed or published.
2. Fair play - Editors should ensure the integrity of the publication review process. As such, editors should not reveal either the identity of authors of manuscripts to the reviewers, or the identity of reviewers to authors.
3. Confidentiality - Editors must treat received manuscripts for review as confidential documents and must not disclose any information about submitted manuscripts to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher.
4. Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest - Editors and any editorial staff must not use materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript (published or unpublished) for their own research without the author’s written authorization.
5. Investigations – Editors shall conduct proper and fair investigation into ethical complaints.
1. Confidentiality - Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
2. Standards of Objectivity - Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author.
3. Contribution to Editorial Decision - Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
4. Promptness - Reviewers should complete their reviews within a specified time frame.
5. Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest - Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Report on Ethics and Malpractice Issues
Editors (in conjunction with the Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University) will take responsive measures when ethical concerns are raised regarding a submitted manuscript or published paper. Every reported act of unethical publishing behavior will be investigated, even if it is discovered years after publication. If, on investigation, the ethical concern is well-founded, a correction, retraction, expression of concern or other note as may be relevant, will be informed to the relevant parties. This may include a formal notice published in the journal; a formal notice to the employer/institution/organization of the individual concerned; and a formal notice to relevant professional bodies of the misconduct committed.
By submitting manuscripts to the Journal of Halal and Ethical Research, authors agree to transfer copyright to the journal. However, authors may republish their work or grant others permission to republish it; in which case it should be accompanied by a proper acknowledgment that the work was originally published in the Journal of Halal and Ethical Research. The journal adopts CC-BY-NC licence which authors may also share and distribute their article anywhere of non-commercial website, social media and repositories immediately on publication.
Authors may also reuse the Abstract and Citation information (e.g. Title, Author name, Publication dates) of their article anywhere at any time including social media such as Facebook, blogs and Twitter, providing that where possible a link is included back to the article on the journal site.
The Journal will ensure digital preservation of access to the journal content by the Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University Journal depository section at Halal and Ethical Research.
Manuscripts published in Halal and Ethical Research are deposited in Common Repository managed by Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University.
The journal of Halal and Ethical Research also allow authors to self-archive versions of their work on their own webpages, on institutional webpages, and in other repositories. There is no embargo period as this journal is an open-access journal.