The aim of the Journal is to publish/share/disseminate knowledge, academic studies, theoretical discussions, and findings obtained in all fields of Social sciences.
Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi accepts both theoretical and compilation and applied/experimental studies related to the following topics written in Turkish, English and/or Russian:
1. Philology and its sub-branches
2. Pedagogy and its sub-branches
3. Sociology and its sub-branches
4. Philosophy and its sub-branches
5. Psychology and its sub-branches
6. Folklore and its sub-branches
7. Literature and its sub-branches
8. Art history and its sub-branches
9. Archeology and its sub-branches
10. History and sub-branches
11. Business and its sub-branches
12. International relations, Political science, and Public Administration and its sub-branches
14. Research methods and techniques
The articles submitted to the journal must be original. Articles containing plagiarism or published partially or fully before should not be submitted.
The author (s) who send articles to the journal accept and declare that they give full rights, such as copyright and broadcasting rights, to the journal.
Since the double-blind review is applied in our journal, the following rules should be given maximum importance.
Effective academic studies are those aiming to embody and support scientific methods and purposes. It is vital that all parts of the publication process (authors, readers and researchers, publishers, referees, and editors) in this point comply with the standards of ethical principles. Within the framework of the Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi, all parts are expected to carry out the following ethical responsibilities.
The Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi is committed to following the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics). It is a duty of our editors to follow Cope Guidance for Editors and our peer-reviewers must follow COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers. We expect all prospective authors to read and understand our Ethics Policy before submitting any manuscripts to our journals.
Authors' Ethical Responsibilities
1. The work submitted for publication to the Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi must have not been published in or submitted for publication to another journal at the same time. Each application can be started following the completion of the previous application. Any published work in another journal can not be sent to Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi. 2. Every article must comply with the publication rules and procedures of our journal. Please examine the “Writing Rules” before submitting your paper.
3. Author (s) are required to make use of and/or quote in a complete and accurate way in order to benefit from other studies or to use other studies. In writing citation and bibliography, the APA 6 editorial guidelines should be applied.
4. If the work submitted for publication is to constitute a conflict of interest, and if relevant, it should be indicated.
5. The referee (s) may request raw data on their framing of evaluation processes; in such a case the author (s) should be ready to submit the expected data and information to the editorial board.
6. Authors must have the required documents as regards the use of data, evaluation/research means, and permissions for analysis. The paper will not be considered for publication unless the required documents, data, and ethic board report are loaded into the system upon the request of referees.
7. The author (s) has an obligation to cooperate with the editor in informing, correcting or withdrawing their papers if they find a mistake related to their work. Papers presented orally, yet not published in the proceeding book in symposiums can be sent for evaluation in the journal.
8. The language of the papers can be Turkish, Russian or English. No matter what the language of the paper is, titles, abstracts and keywords in all three languages must be submitted. The Abstract should be 200 words, the title 12 words and keywords 5 in minimum.
9. All papers sent to the journal are checked for plagiarism during the pre-control phase, and those with more than 25 % are turned down.
10. The publication right of all papers sent to the journal through the system belongs to Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi, so authors must fill in the publication right contract form and load it into the system.
11. In order to meet the publication expenses, the author should pay 400TL for referees’ payments and other expenditures, including 20TL for pre-control, 50+50= 100TL for referee evaluations, 50TL for translation of abstract in each language (Authors not requesting professional translation for the abstracts will not pay for this service). Payments can be made in USD as equivalent to the amounts specified. The receipt of 400TL must be submitted to email@example.com.
Referees' Ethical Responsibilities
1. Referees of Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi should only accept papers related to their fields of study and expertise. Referees are attentively selected from among the board of referees of the journal by the editors. As the double-blind review process is applied, authors and referees cannot see or contact each other, and it is certainly prohibited that they make themselves known to the other part. If any of these rules are violated, referees must certainly refuse to continue their duty as referees.
2. Referees of Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi must carry out the process of evaluation in complete impartiality and secrecy.
3. If referees of Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi think they are face to face with conflict of interest, they must refuse evaluation and inform the editors about this.
4. Referees of Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi must delete the documents related to the evaluation process within a month due to the principle of secrecy. They can only use the last form of the papers upon publication.
5. Referees must evaluate the papers in complete neutrality and impartiality in terms of content. In no way must they be influenced by such facts as nationality, gender, religious beliefs, ideologies, financial worries or any other feature of the authors.
6. Referees must use polite expressions while evaluating the papers. They must avoid using personal language with enmity, hatred, insult or any other form of degradation. Any referee not complying with this rule will certainly be excluded from the board of referees.
7. Referees of Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi must complete the evaluation process of the papers they accept within 15 days and in accordance with the ethical principles of the journal stated here.
8. Referees of Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi will be paid for their contribution whether or not the papers are accepted for publication.
9. Papers loaded into the system can be withdrawn by the authors before they are published. In this case, the reason must be stated clearly in the system by the authors.
Editors' Ethical Responsibilities
1. All papers sent to the journal through the system are controlled technically. Those with suitable form are sent to referees designed by the editors.
2. Karadeniz Uluslararası Bilimsel Dergi has an editorial board. All papers are judged by at least one international expert academician on the basis of their intellectual content, regardless of the author's gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenship and political values.
3. Personal information about the articles is kept confidential.
4. The conflict of interest observed regarding the article must be explained by the field editors.
5. The Editorial Board assumes the responsibility to make publishing decisions for the submitted articles, based on the evaluation of the candidate's articles, the editorial board policies of the journal, and the legally prohibited items against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
6. Publishers and editors shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred.
7. In no case shall a journal or its editors encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
8. In the event that a journal’s publisher or editors are made aware of, any allegation of research misconduct the publisher or editor shall deal with allegations appropriately.
9. The journal should have guidelines for retracting or correcting articles when needed.
10. Publishers and editors should always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
This journal does not receive any financial help, support or donation from any source or person, or organization. Therefore, payment is required during the evaluation and publication phases. If the process ends before the publication, the expenses are calculated and the remaining part of the deposited fee is paid back. The following fees are required for the services specified:
Referee Fees: 50+50=100TL (or equivalent in foreign currency)
Reviewing is a serious process. Any review not completed in due time creates obstacles for both the publication process and the planning of authors. Referees devote time for the evaluation of articles, and therefore the fee is demanded no matter if their decision is positive or negative.
Publication Fee: 300TL (or equivalent in foreign currency)
Articles cannot be over 23 pages, including all appendices. If articles accepted by referees are longer than this, the payment should be doubled. This amount is used for the publication, distribution and dissemination of the articles, with no commercial aim.
Translation Support fee (optional): 50TL for any translation in one language (or equivalent in foreign currency)
Authors can receive translation services for titles, abstracts, and keywords in Turkish, English, or Russian. Translation services are carried out by professional academicians.