1. The Journal of Commercial and Intellectual Property Law (TFM) is a double-blinded peer-reviewed journal published twice a year by Ankara Yildirim Beyazit University.
2. Manuscripts submitted to the TFM can be in any language. However, the title, summary and keywords of the article must be in the main language of the article (for example Turkish) and English.
3. All manuscripts must include a summary not to exceed 250 words and keywords within the word limit of maximum 5.
4. All manuscripts must be sent via ‘Dergi Park’ system. Authors must also submit their titles, affiliations, ORCID numbers, corresponding addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses in a separate document through ‘Dergi Park’ system.
5. Manuscripts sent to the TFM should not be published somewhere else previously or not sent for publishing somewhere else.
6. Manuscripts should not exceed 10.000 words excluding the summary and bibliography sections.
7. The author(s), by submitting their manuscripts for the purpose of publication to the TFM, irrevocably grant(s) to Ankara Yildirim Beyazit University, in advance and in perpetuity, indefinite and irreversible right to sublicense, use, reproduce, process, disseminate and represent the manuscript free of charge in whole , in any print or electronic format published by the TFM or the university. The university can exercise this right on behalf of any faculty, institute, centre or any other affiliations of the university.
8. The manuscript(s) submitted to the TFM must comply with the Directive on Scientific Research and Publication Ethics of the Council of Higher Education.
9. The authors are deemed to have accepted the publication of the submitted manuscript.
10. The first review of the manuscripts is completed by the editorial board. Manuscripts that do not comply with the rules and scientific criteria specified here are rejected for publication.
11. In order to ensure complete anonymity of the blind peer-review process, author name(s) in the manuscripts whose initial review is completed by the editorial board are removed from the text and after that it is reviewed by at least two expert referees. Upon the request of a correction in the referee reports, the author(s) can only make changes within the scope of the reports. If deemed necessary, the manuscript can be resent to the same referee for correction review. If the report of one referee results in a positive and the other one results in a negative assessment, the manuscript can only be published on the positive opinion of the Editorial Board of the TFM or a third referee. The referee reports for manuscripts that have not been qualified for publication are sent to the author(s) via e-mail.
12. Any responsibility arising from the views put forward in the studies published in the journal belongs to the author.
13. Apart from peer-reviewed articles, the TFM also includes book reviews, legislative assessments and informative notes.
14. Articles are published in order of completion of the editorial and refereeing processes.
15. The manuscripts should follow the TFM Article Template as specified at dergipark/tfm section and they should be in Microsoft Word format in compliance with the preservation of font and paragraph features.
16. Titles within the text should be organized as follows:
I. ALL CAPITAL LETTER AND BOLD
A. ALL CAPITAL LETTER AND BOLD
1. Only First Letters Capital and Bold
a. Only First Letters Capital and Bold
i. Only First Letters Capital and Bold
17. Bibliography should be provided at the end of the writings based on the references in an alphabetical order by the surname of the authors. Citations and bibliography should be organized in conformity with the Citation Rules.
18. Official website of our publications is: http://www.ybu.edu.tr/hukuk/tfm.
1. The articles to be published in the TFM should be written according to the Citation Rules detailed below.
2. The articles should be composed by footnote citation.
3. In case that there is no rule in this citation system, the OSCOLA (The Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities) system should be referred.
4. If necessary to refer to a unique work (like archive documents, etc.), once-preferred method should be used in a consistent way throughout the article.
5. Once referring to a resource for the first time, all details about this resource should be indicated in the citation; while all the following references for this resource should be made with the abbreviation such as “author`s surname, the page to be cited”. If reference is made to more than one work by the same author, citation should be made thereby also indicating the shortening phrase for this resource as “author`s surname, the short phrase of the resource, the page to be cited” in order to distinguish the work provided that the shortening phrase for this work is indicated in the bibliography.
6. In bibliography, resources which should be written without page numbers in accordance with the citation rules below, should be in order by the authors’ surnames.
7. If there is any more information about the resource, the sign “^” refers to the requirement to indicate the relevant information.
Author’s Surname, Name (Year) Book’s Title, Edition, City, Publisher, Page Number.
Example: Uşan, M. Fatih (2009) Türk Sosyal Güvenlik Hukukunun Temel Esasları, 2. Edition, Ankara, Seçkin, p. 29.
In case of Multiple Authors:
Author’s Surname, Name & 2. Author’s Surname, Name (Year) Book’s Title, Edition, City, Publisher, Page Number.
Example: Acer, Yücel & Kaya, İbrahim (2014) Uluslararası Hukuk Temel Ders Kitabı, 5. Edition, Ankara, Seçkin, p. 46.
Editor’s Surname, Name (Editor) (Year) Book’s Title, Edition, City, Publisher, Page Number.
Example: Dülger, İbrahim (Editor) (2010) Hukuka Giris, 4. Edition, Konya, Sayram, p. 31.
Author’s Surname, Name, ‘Article Title’: Editor’s Surname, Name (Editor) (Year) Book Title, Edition, City, Publisher.
Example: Uşan, M. Fatih, ‘İşin Zaman Bakımından Düzenlenmesi’: Aydın, Ufuk & Kocabas, Fatma (Editors) (2014) Bireysel İş Hukuku, 1. Edition, Eskişehir, Anadolu University Publications, p. 19.
Author’s Surname, Name (Year) Book’s Title, Edition, City, Publisher (Translator: Translator’s Surname, Name (Year) Translation Book’s Title, Edition, City, Publisher), Page Number.
Example: Dworkin, Ronald (1977) Taking Rights Seriously, 1. Edition, London, Gerald Duckworth (Translator: Türkbag, Ahmet Ulvi (2007) Hakları Ciddiye Almak, 1. Edition, Ankara, Dost), p. 43.
Author’s Surname, Name (^Year) Book’s Title, Date of Last Acces.
Example: Demircioğlu, A. Murat (2010) Labor Law in Turkey 10.08.2015.
Electronic Book Chapter
Author’s Surname, Name (Year) ‘Article’s Title’: Editor’s Surname, Name (^Year) Book’s Title Date of Last Access.
Example: Kaya, Emir (2015) ‘Injustice as a Judicial Product: A Problematic Tendency in Legal Thinking and Practice’: Erçetin, Şefika Şule & Banerjee, Santo (Eds.) (2013) Chaos, Complexity and Leadership 10.08.2015.
Author’s Surname, Name (Year), ‘Article’s Title’ Journal’s Title, Issue: ^Volume:, Page Number. (In Bibliography: The first and last page).
Example: Uşan, M. Fatih (2008), ‘Yargıtay Kararları Işığında İşe İade Davalarının Sonuçları’ Kamu İş, I:1, V:10, p. 27.
In Bibliography: Uşan, M. Fatih (2008), ‘Yargıtay Kararları Işığında İşe İade Davalarının Sonuçları’ Kamu İş, I:1, V:10, p.1-48.
Author’s Surname, Name (^Year), ‘Article’s Title’, ^Journal’s Title Date of Last Access.
Example: Uşan, M. Fatih (2003) ‘Mesleki Eğitim ve İstihdam, Devlet Personel Rejimi ve İş Mevzuatı’, e-academy 28.07.2015.
Author’s Surname, Name, ‘Title of the Communiqué’: Editor’s Surname, Name (Editor), Conference Title, Date, Place.
Example: Uşan, M. Fatih, ‘Taşeron İşçisi de İşçi: Öyleyse Ona da İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği’: Toprak, Ahmet (Editor), 7. International Occupational Health and Safety Conference, Labor and Social Security Ministry - Occupational Health and Safety General Directorate, 4-7 May 2014, İstanbul.
Author’s Surname, Name (Year) ‘Thesis Title’ (Type: Masters-PhD), University, Institute, Page Number.
Example: Kılınç, Ahmet (2013) ‘Osmanlı Ceza Hukukunda Yaptırım Türu Olarak Teşhir’ (PhD), Gazi University, Institute of Social Sciences, p. 158.
Court’s Name Relevant Circuit, ^Case Name, ^Application No, Date:, E:, K: (Citation).
Example: Yargıtay 2. Ceza Dairesi, T: 13.03.2012, E: 2011/2-395, K: 2012/89 (Kazancı İçtihat Bankası).
Ankara 5. Asliye Ticaret Mahkemesi, 23.2.2015, 45/89 (Yargıtay Kararları Dergisi, p. 3).
Author’s Surname, Name, Authority, Title Date of Last Access.
Example: Uşan, M. Fatih, Kamu-İş Kamu İşletmeleri İşverenleri Sendikası, Yargıtay Kararları Işığında İşe İade Davalarının Sonuçları 07/27/2015.
Author’s Surname, Name, Institution (Year), Report’s Title, ^Report No:, Date of Last Access.
Example: Oğuz, Fuat & Kent, Bülent, Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (2011), Anayasa’da Ekonomik ve Ticari Hükümlerin Değerlendirilmesi ve Yeni Bir Anayasa İçin Öneriler, 07/27/2015.