Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering aims to contribute to scientific and technological development by publishing the studies conducted in the fields of basic and applied sciences within the journal publication policy.
Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering publishes articles and reviews in Turkish and English in the fields of basic sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and engineering sciences (Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture, Construction, Machinery, Mechatronics, Electricity, Electronics, Energy, Computer, Biomedical, Map, Food, Mining, etc.).
TEMPLATES FOR ARTICLE UPLOAD FILES
1. Manuscript template with author's names (Click here to download)
2. Manuscript template without author's names (Click here to download)
3. Title page (Click here to download)
4. Copyright Transfer Agreement Form (Click here to download)
5. Similarity Report (Maximum 20%)
Journal of Turkish Science and Engineering Authours Guidelines
Manuscripts submitted for evaluation to the Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering should be written in 12 font size New Times in Roman size and 2 lines apart. Page gaps should be 3 cm from the top, bottom and left, and 2 cm from the right. The page number should be given at the bottom-middle of each page of the article and its lines should be numbered consecutively. The length of the article should not exceed 20 pages, including figures, charts and references.
The article should consist of Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Findings, Discussion, Conclusions, and References. If desired, the findings section and the discussion section can be combined as “Findings and Discussion”. In this case, the Conclusions section must be included separately. Also, if necessary, the “Acknowledge” section should be included before the references section. The title of the article should be short and written in lowercase letters to reflect all aspects of the work, and the first letter of the words should be in uppercase.
In the prepared article, graphics, photos and pictures should be given as "Figure" and tables should be given as "Table". 'Figure' and 'Charts' should be numbered separately and should be cited in the text. Figure titles should be given below the figure and the title of the chart should be given on the chart. Pictures must be in .jpeg format and 300 dpi resolution.
International standard units of measurement (SI) should be used when preparing the article. Genus and species names should be written in italics.
Titles: The first letters of the first-degree titles in the article text should be uppercase, except for conjunctions, the first letters of the second-and third-degree titles should be capitalized and the others should be lowercase.
Second-order titles 3.1., 3.2., 3.3. it should be numbered and written in bold. The first letter of the first word of the title should be in uppercase and the first letters of the other words in the sentence should be written in lowercase.
Third-degree titles 3.1.1., 3.2.1., 3.3.1. should be numbered and written in bold. The first letter of the first word of the title should be capitalized and the first letters of the other words in the sentence should be written in lowercase. The use of a fourth-degree title in the article should be avoided.
Author names and addresses: the names of the authors should be written clearly without specifying the academic title, the addresses of the authors and the contact information of the responsible author (e-mail) should be indicated. Addresses should be placed immediately after the names of the authors and the first letter of the words should be written in uppercase.
Özet: The abstract should not exceed 200 words, and the single paragraph should be prepared in Turkish and English, covering the purpose, material-method, findings, nd results of the article.
Abstract: Abstract should be prepared by translating the summary section into English as a single paragraph so that it does not exceed 200 words.
Keywords: Turkish and English keywords should be written, with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 keywords.
Introduction: The importance of the study should be explained by supporting the literature and its purpose should be clearly stated.
Material and Method: All materials and methods used to find the results presented in the article should be explained in detail.
Equations; With the help of the equation editor, it should be written left-justified and (1), (2), (3) ... should be numbered. The square of the hypotenuse in one right triangle equals the sum of the squares of the other two side lengths. The equation of this process; It is expressed as
A= (4/3) π r3 (1)
where r is rrrrrr and A is aaaaaa.
Findings and Discussion: In this section; The findings obtained should be discussed and interpreted, supported by current literature information.
Conclusion: the conclusions and provisions reached at the end of the study should be stated before the results of the study are repeated.
Acknowledgment: The institution or organization that supports the study should be thanked. In addition, the project or thesis in which the article was published should be specified in this section.
Conflict of Interest Statement: The authors of the article declare that there is no conflict of interest between them.
Statement of Contribution of Researchers: The authors declare that they have contributed equally to the article.
References and Citations: The references used should be given in accordance with the following examples in the article. At the end of the article, the last name must be arranged alphabetically in order of date. APA 7 should be used when citing in the text and when creating the references of the article. For more info about APA 7 : https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines
Reference notifications in the text should be made according to the 'Last name-date' system. For example, “According to Yilmaz (2004), …” or “The evapotranspiration value of Rosa damescena was measured as … mm in Isparta conditions (Ucar et al., 2017)”. In a study with more than one author, two authors are cited as “Ozel and Baydar (2016)”, while three or more authors are cited as “Ekmekci et al. (2016)”. References with the same author name and date should also be separated using the letter (Yigit et al., 2014a; Yigit et al., 2014b). References with the same author name but different dates should be given as (Yigit et al., 2014; Yigit et al., 2015; Yigit et al., 2016) or (Yigit et al., 2014; 2015; 2016).
The font should be Times New Roman and the font size should be 8 points. There should be 0 pt space between lines and single-line spacing.
Gösterit, A. (2016). Adverse effects of inbreeding on colony foundation success in bumblebees, Bombus terrestris (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Applied Entomology and Zoology, 51(4), 521-526. doi.org/10.1007/s13355-016-0427-2
Ucar, Y., Kazaz, S., Eraslan, F. & Baydar, H. (2017). Effects of different irrigation water and nitrogen levels on the water use, rose flower yield and oil yield of Rosa damascena. Agricultural Water Management, 182, 94-102. doi: 10.1016/j.agwat.2016.12.004
“It should be mentioned in articles with DOI.”
Waller, P. & Yitayew, M. (2016). Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. New York. Springer.
Nunes, C. S. & Kunamneni, A. (2018). Laccases-properties and applications. In Enzymes in Human and Animal Nutrition: Principles and Perspectives. (pp. 279-297)
Bakbak, F. & Uçar, Y. (2018). Some Performance Indicators of Sprinkler Irrigation Systems on the Sandıklı Plain (Turkey). IX. International Agricultural Symposium. October 04- 07, Joharina, 1590-1596.
Parladır Karcı, A. (2018). Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemlerinin Sulama Şebekelerinin Performans Değerlendirmesinde Kullanılması: Atabey Sulama Şebekesi Örneği. (Thesis, Isparta University of Applied Science, The Institute of Graduate Education)
Report by a Government Agency References
TSE 2478 (1976). Odunun Statik Eğilmede Elastikiyet Modülün Tayini. TSE, I. Baskı, Ankara.
Citing in the text: (TSE, 1976)
ASTM 907 (1982). Standart Definitions of Terms Relation to Adhesives. ASTM, Philadelphia.
Citing in the text: (ASTM, 1982)
FAO (2019). The State of Food Security and Nutrition in Europe and Central Asia. Food and Agricultural Organization, Budapest.
Citing in the text: (FAO, 2019)
Anonymous (2014). Why Are We So Obsessed With the Myers-Briggs? Retrieved July 07, 2022, from https://medium.com/the-archipelago/why-are-we-so-obsessed-with-the-myers-briggs-b01574b48708.
Bologna, C. (2019). Why some people with anxiety love watching horror movies. HuffPost. Retrieved July 07, 2022, from https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anxiety-love-watching-horror-movies_l_5d277587e4b02a5a5d57b59e.
Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering aims to contribute to scientific and technological development by publishing studies in the fields of basic sciences and engineering sciences within the framework of the publication policy of the journal. Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering publishes research articles and reviews of basic sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and engineering sciences (Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture, Construction, Machinery, Mechatronics, Electricity, Electronics, Energy, Computers, Biomedicals, Maps, Food, Mining etc.) in Turkish and English. The journal is published twice a year (June and December).
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering is a peer-reviewed open-access journal. The journal is a party to the Budapest Open Access Movement (BOAI). According to BOAI open access, “peer-review through the scientific literature, via the internet; financial, legal or technical barriers, freely accessible, readable, downloaded, may be copied, distributed, printable, searchable, can be linked to full text, indexable, software, data can be transferred and can be used for any legal purpose as that is.
[See http://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/boai-10-recommendations ]
PUBLISHING FEES POLICY
All articles that have been completed and accepted by the peer-review evaluation process are published without any article submission and/or evaluation fee. No fees are charged for journal subscription.
SPONSORSHIP AND ADVERTISING
Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering does not accept sponsorship and advertising.
Within the scope of the journal publication policy, "Research Articles" and "Reviews", which are prepared in Turkish and English languages, are accepted.
The works submitted to the Turkish Journal of Science and engineering must be original works that have not been published in any way before or have not been sent to any place for publication. The authors agree to waive the copyright of their work and transfer the copyright of their work to the Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering simultaneously with the submission of articles for evaluation. Authors who will submit their work to the Turkish Journal of Science and engineering should fill out the "Copyright Transfer Agreement Form" document and be signed with a pen and upload a system with the article.
Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering uses the double-blind method in the evaluation process of all articles. The author and peer-review identities are hidden in the double-blind method. The articles are sent to at least two peer-reviews (the third peer-review if needed) related to the subject for evaluation. The acceptance of articles to publication is decided by the editors in accordance with the opinions of the peer-review. The processing time of articles is 3-6 months.
Turkish Journal of Science and Engineering has been an international journal trying to achieve the highest standards of publication ethics since its establishment. In order to achieve this, YÖK undertakes to fulfill its ethical duties and responsibilities on the basis of the guidelines “Directive on Scientific Research and Publication Ethics”, "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors” and “COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors” published by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and expects authors and peer-review to act within the framework of these guidelines. Depending on COPE's recommendations and general publication requirements, editors, writers, and peer-reviews must have the following responsibilities:
1. It makes decisions only academically and takes full responsibility for those decisions made.
2. The journal should notify the author whether the works submitted for publication are evaluated within 30 days.
3. Editors should review the articles in terms of the scientific code of ethics and reject the articles that are deemed to be unethical.
4. During peer-review appointments, whether there is a conflict of interest between the authors and the peer-reviews must be supervised by the editors. It must ensure that the work submitted is evaluated by expert peer-reviews.
5. Editors should make an impartial assessment of all articles submitted for publication, regardless of their race, religion, gender and nationality etc., with their social, cultural and economic characteristics.
6. Editors should act openly and transparently in communication with the author, and should make expectations and necessary information from the authors in a timely manner.
7. They should encourage peer-review to evaluate impartially, scientifically, and objectively.
8. The study submitted to the journal should not be disclosed by the editor or his / her assistants to anyone other than the authors, peer-reviews, associate editors, and publisher of the study.
9. The final opinion regarding the acceptance or rejection of the works sent to the journal belongs to the editor.
1. Reviewers must send the article back to the editor without evaluating if the studies sent to them for evaluation are not within the scope of their expertise or if they do not have sufficient information about the study.
2. Reviewers must act impartially, honestly, and objectively in the evaluation of the manuscript and should not share information other than editors. They should take care of confidentiality during the evaluation and after the publication of the study.
3. Reviews of the reviewers must be scientific and objective. Personal interpretation should not be against the author, interpretation of the manuscript must be clear.
4. Reviewers must send the study back to the editor if they detect a conflict of interest.
5. Reviewers are required to inform the editor if they detect a marked similarity and overlap between the work they are evaluating and the previously published articles.
1. The authors cannot send their works, which they have sent for publication, to another journal at the same time.
2. The authors agree that the work they submitted for publication is original work that has not been published elsewhere.
3. In the studies sent for publication, the necessary citations must be made within the framework of scientific ethical rules.
4. The studies submitted to the journal should not have any elements contrary to the ethics of scientific publication (plagiarism, forgery, distortion, re-publication, slicing, unfair authorship, not to mention the supporting institution, not to follow ethical rules in studies on animals).
5. The authors should compile the data they collected within the framework of the scientific ethical rules.
6. Authors should assume responsibility for their published articles together. It should be known that the inclusion of someone who did not contribute to the study as an author, or the non-inclusion of someone who contributed as an author, is a violation of scientific ethics.
7. The responsible authors of the article must share the entire publishing process of the article with other authors in the article.
8. The authors should acknowledge that there is no conflict of interest in the published article and report potential conflicts of interest to the editor. They must also declare the institutions/organizations that provide financial support in the conduct of the study.
9. In articles sent to the journal, ethics committee approval must be obtained for studies on clinical and experimental people and animals that require an ethical committee decision, approval/approvals must be specified and documented in the article.
10. The author is obliged to inform the editor of the journal with its details if they find a significant error in the published article.
All manuscripts whose peer-review process has been completed and accepted are published without any article submission and/or evaluation fee.