1. Bartın University Journal of Educational Research (BUJER) is an international and refereed journal in which studies in English (with Turkish extended abstract) and Turkish languages are published. The journal is published in 2 (two) issues per year; in June and December.
2. Copyright royalties are not paid to the authors of the publications.
3. The submitted articles are first subject to preliminary review with respect to writing rules by the Secretariat. The submission will be returned to its author in the case that it is not decided to be suitable in terms of writing rules. The editorial board inspects thoroughly the introduction, literature review, method, findings, results and discussion sections of the studies in accordance with the publication principles of the journal. In the light of this inspection, the submitted studies which include critical errors, lack originality and/or not in line with the publication principles are returned to the author(s) along with a “Editor Review Report”, and without going through referee review in one month, at most. The studies which are found to be suitable are taken under referee review.
4. Articles which are found suitable by the editorial board are sent to at least two field referees (with double blinded method) along with a “Review Report”. The factors such as experience, field suitability, content of the study are taken into consideration. The referees are given 30 days for the review. Within this period, a new referee may be assigned in case the first referee does not respond. The referees may decide on the suitability by inspecting the readjustments as well as requesting multiple revisions. It is obligatory to fill out the “Revision Template” which is prepared by the referees. The authors should make the revisions by using “Track changes” feature or by using the red colour on the original document. The authors should upload the documents; (1) revised document with track changes, (2) the “Author Revision Chart” prepared by using the “Revision Template”.
5. In case of receiving a negative report from one referee, the submitted article is sent to a third referee. The studies which receive two positive reports earn the right to be published.
6. The feedback received from the referees is examined by the field/department editors in 2 (two) weeks at the latest and the report which includes the remarks. As a result of this examination, the field editor informs the editors of the final evaluation. A new referee may be assigned following the review report; in addition, there may be an approval, revision or rejection decision.
7. It is obligatory to fill out the “Revision Template” which is prepared by the referees or the editors containing revisions within 30 days. The editorial board decide whether to publish the revised studies after the referee remarks or not. The editorial board have the right to –even when the referee process is positive- make re-adjustments, decide to publish or not publish the studies.
8. The articles which are decided to be publish are sent to their author(s) for final adjustments. The author(s) have the full responsibility for the errors included in the article and suitability with the writing rules.
9. The author(s) who would like to withdraw their submission which is in the assessment process are required to notify the demand by e-mail to email@example.com. An article which is approved and/or queued for publication cannot be withdrawn.
10. The submitted articles cannot be published or submitted to be published to anywhere else.
11. Published or not published, the articles cannot be returned.
12. All the articles published in the journal are open access and distributed under the conditions of Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
13. Authors may object to the referee reports or editorial decisions. In such cases, the authors are requested to state their reasoning behind the objection. Editors may start a new reviewing process if deemed necessary after an objection.
14. The acceptance of the studies takes place on Dergipark (http://dergipark.gov.tr) website with membership system. The studies submitted on any other platform will be disregarded. The referee process will take place on the same system.
15. The authors are obligated to prepare their publications in accordance with APA 6 (American Psychological Association) standards.
16. It is anticipated that the evaluation process of the articles submitted to Bartın University Journal of Educational Research concludes in 6 around months. However, this period of time may extend depending on revision requests, duration of the revisions, and re-evaluation of the articles.
17. At Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, the articles approved after review are gone through; plagiarism re-inspection, reference list organizing, citation control, layout and typesetting, DIO number assignment, respectively.
18. The referee list is published on the index page with every issue.
19. The referees are sent refereeing certification after the publication issue which includes the reviewed articles.
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Educational Research, every article which went through the “Blind Referee Review Process” has to be re-inspected for plagiarism for the revisions made after the referee requests. Within this context, English and Turkish copies of every article goes through plagiarism inspection. The plagiarism inspection is made by Turnitin and iThenticate softwares. The board makes the final decision in light of the plagiarism inspection report of every article. Revision of the mistakes can be request from the authors or the articles may be returned. The financial responsibilities occurred within the inspection belong to the author(s).
The article submitted to Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education are required to be written grammatically (both in Turkish and English) and appropriate to the scientific literature, in an explicit and plain manner. The journal board may request proofreading during the review process or after acceptance. The articles of Non-Turkish authors will be directly taken to review, a Turkish extended abstract will be requested after acceptance. Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education will assist authors in translation of the extended abstract. The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the language and expression rules, even when the review process is affirmative.
Citation and References Control
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Educational Research, it is obligatory that the citations and references included in the approved articles are correct and thorough. Within this context, the approved articles are gone through citation and reference control. The authors are responsible for carrying out the tasks and procedures assigned by the board. Turkish citation rules are applied to Turkish texts and English citation rules are applied to English texts. The financial responsibility of the control belong to the author(s). The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the references and citations rules even when the review process is affirmative.
Layout and Typesetting Regulations
Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education enforces it obligatory that the articles are prepared in a common typesetting and complete page layout. Within this context, the approved articles are adjusted in terms of page layout and typesetting by the board. The financial responsibility of the control belong to the author(s). The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the layout and typesetting rules even when the review process is affirmative.
Bartın University Journal of Educational Research