Ethical Principles and Publication Policy
International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences (Publication Ethical Principles)
The International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences has adopted as a principle to make publications in accordance with the universal publication rules. The International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences is a peer-reviewed journal. In the studies that are prepared in the framework of scientific rules, all of the components of the publication process, publisher, editors, authors, and readers should comply with the ethical principles.
The publication ethics and open-access policy of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences require all components of the publication process to comply with the ethical principles in the accordance with the open-accessed guides and policies that the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE) published.
In the case of the detection of situations such as, the data that is used in the articles are manipulated, distorted, and fabricated, this situation will be reported through an official channel to the corporate that the article author works and the article will be rejected. Our journal has a right to request output files from the authors in relation to the assessments that are given by the editor(s) and/or by the referees.
The Ethical Responsibilities of The Publisher
The International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences is a nonprofit publication establishment.
The International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences is publishing since 2014 in the framework of universal rules.
The Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences consists of experts in their fields, up country or abroad. Members of the Editorial Council are formed by considering the science branches of social and educational sciences. Editor, depending on the subject of the article, can send an article to the faculty members that are not a member of the Editors Council in order for them to analyze as field editors when it is necessary.
The Responsibilities of the Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences
• The Editors Council of the Journal is responsible for all of the articles that are submitted to the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences, in fact, from all of the processes after its publication and the editors' council is aware of this responsibility. This responsibility requires independent decision-making from all personal gain and only thinking about public welfare in the decisions that are being made about the journal. The relationship between the publisher and the Editors Council is based on the independence principle, all of the decisions that are going to be taken by the editors are independent of the publisher and the other person and establishments.
• The Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences is in an effort to always develop the journal and elevate the publication quality.
• The Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences ensures the determination and implementation of the journal policies such as publication, blind review, the assessment process, ethical principles, etc.
• The Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences protects the copyright of the article author that has been published in the journal.
• The Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences is responsible for taking precautions in relation to the situations such as intellectual property rights, non-scientific-ethical behaviors, plagiarism, and reference (attribution) gangsterism in the process of article and journal publication process.
• The Editors Council of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences keeps records of every article, and correspondence about the journal, written or printed, through Dergipark and its own means.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Editors, Editors Facilitators and Field Editors
• Editors make effort to compensate for the information needs of the referees, author(s), researchers, and readers, give feedback when it is necessary, make corrections in the publishing process and behave accordingly to the principle of clarity in subjects where an explanation is a need.
• Editors are attentive to the authenticity of the article, and its contributions to the scientific literature, reader, researcher, and operators while deciding on the publication of the articles.
• Editors consider the authentic value of the article, its contribution to the field, the validity and trustworthiness of its research method, the clarity of its verbalism, and the purpose and extent of the journal while making a positive or negative decision about the article.
• Editors, if the submitted articles do not have a significant issue, consider the articles in the pre-evaluation stage, be attentive to the positive referee suggestions, and if it does not have a serious problem won't change the decisions that were taken by the previous editor(s).
• Editors perform the blind review and evaluation process policies which is present in the journal's publication policies, keep the referees' identity information classified, and make sure that every article is assessed in a non-biased way and assessed within its time.
• Editors send the articles by being attentive to the professionality of the field editors and referees and they support the evaluations to be made non-biased and independent.
• Editors, in order for a non-biased evaluation of the article, consider the conflict of interest-unity of interest between the referees and author(s).
• Editors are in the search of the creation of a wide range of referees, that are in a state of constant update.
• Editors block evaluations that are not aligned with academic etiquette and are non- scientific.
• Editors make sure that journal publication processes are aligned with publishing policies and guides, inform those whore are involved in the process about the developments of the publishing policies and prepare a training program if it is necessary.
• Editors are in effective communication with everyone who is involved in the publication process and organize meetings periodically.
• Editors make sure that the personal data are protected in the evaluated journals; they protect the personal data of the author, referee, and readers.
• Editors; are attentive to the protection of the rights of humans and animals in the article, they care about the documentation of the open confirmation of the article's participants, if the ethical council approval about the journal's participants shows that they are not allowed in experimental researches, they reject the article.
• Editors take precautions for malpractice. If it is suspected that malpractice may be the case, they share the data about the subject through an objective investigation.
• Editors make sure that the error, desultoriness, or misleadings in the articles are corrected.
• Editors protect the intellectual property right of the published articles, and in the case of its breach, they defend the rights of the journal and the author(s). Also, they take necessary precautions about the articles' contents in terms of whether it is breaching other publications' intellectual property rights or not; they make the originality- similarity audit.
• Editors are attentive to the critics that are intended for articles that are published in the Journal, they give a right to respond to the author(s) of the criticized articles.
• Editors consider the works that contain negative outcomes as well.
• Editors analyze the remonstrances that are related to the Journal and make the necessary explanations.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Referees
In the article evaluation process of the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences, it is applied a two side blind referee principle where the author(s) don't know the referees, and the referees don't know the authors, the referees can't communicate directly with the authors; the article evaluation forms and the wish the correct which is specified on the text is conveyed to the author(s) through journal administration system by the editors. The referees that are going to evaluate the articles that are submitted to the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences should carry these ethical responsibilities:
• Referees should only accept to evaluate the articles that are related to their specialty.
• Referees should do the evaluation in a non-biased and confidential way. Duly by this principle, they should dispel the articles they analyze after the evaluation process, but use them after it is published. Nationality, gender, religious belief, political belief, and commercial concerns should not corrupt the evaluation's neutrality.
• When referees understand a situation of conflict of interest-unity of interest, they should deny to evaluate the article and inform the editors.
• Referees should do the evaluation in alliance with academic etiquette, by using constructive language; and should avoid personal commentaries that involve defamation and enmity.
• Referees should evaluate the article that they accepted to evaluate within the given time.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Authors
The ethical responsibilities of the author(s)'s that submitted an article to the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences:
• Author(s), should not submit an article that they published or submitted to be published in another place, they should not submit more than one article of their own at the same time to the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences.
• Author(s) should submit authentic articles to the International Journal of Social and Educational Sciences.
• Author(s) should do attribution (reference) to the resources that they benefitted from while writing the article, in a correct way and in alliance with the ethical principles.
• The people that did not contribute to the article should not be written as an author, and in an article that is submitted to be published, the processes of changing the apposition of the author of the article, omitting an author, and supplementing an author are should not be suggested.
• They should inform the editors about the people that are in conflict of interest-unity of interest in an article that is submitted to be published.
• If information or crude data is requested from the author(s) related to their articles during the evaluation process, they should present the expected information to the Editors.
• Author(s) should document the verification of the right of use of the data they used in their articles, the allowances related to research-analysis, or the confirmation of the participants that they researched.
• Author(s) should communicate with the editor when they realized an error in the article that is in the process of evaluation or early appearance or their article that is published in a digital setting, for them to inform, correct, or retract.
• The author(s) should obtain the ethics committee approval for studies that require data collection through quantitative or qualitative methods such as experiments, questionnaires, scales, interviews, observations, and focus group studies, which require an ethics committee decision; ethics committee name, decision date, and number should be stated on the first and last page of the article and in the method section, and the document showing the ethics committee decision should be uploaded to the system with the application of the article. In addition, the article should include information about obtaining the informed approval/consent form in the case reports.
• The author(s) should present evidence within the article that is related to them being attentive to the ethical principles in the process of data gathering (for example, getting approval from someone to use their documents such as scale, survey, and photograph). In the article, it should be stated that the article is in alliance with the regulation of research and publication ethics and copyright of intellectual and art products. If the research is conducted on human or animal subjects, it should be informed that the research is conducted in the alliance international notices and guides, etc.
• The ethical council approval is not requested from the author(s) for compliation articles. With that, in the articles that do not require an ethical council decision, the situation of the non-requested ethical council decision should also be included on the journal's first-last page and in the methods section.
Informing the Editor of the Situation That is Not Complying with the Ethical Principles In the Journal of Social and Educational Sciences, unethical behavior that is related to the editors, referees, and authors or in the case of encountering a non-ethical situation relating to
an article that is in the process of evaluation, early appearance stage, or a published one, its intimation to the email@example.com
address through a message will enrich our publication quality.