NOTES FOR CONTRIBUTORS
1. KAYTEK is a refereed journal published twice a year, June and December. Studies which will be published in the Journal of KAYTEK must be related to “Public Administration and Technology”.
2. Manuscripts should be written in Turkish or English. Studities submitted in English Language are subject to approval of Language Editor.
3. Copyrights of the articles appearing in the KAYTEK Journal belong to the Kamu Bilişimcileri Derneği.
4. Articles submitted should be original contributions and should not be published elsewhere or should not be under consideration for any publication at the same time.
5. Manuscripts submitted to the journal will first be viewed by the Editorial Board then forwarded to the referees. In line with the evaluation of the referees, Editorial Board will make the final decision, either in favor or against publication, or return the manuscript back to the author for any revision required by the referees. Author(s) will be informed of the publication decision.
6. Authors should include a separate title page with their name, institutional affiliation, full address and other detailed contact information. The title of the article alone should appear on the top of the first page of the manuscript.
7. Complete manuscripts should be submitted to the editor, as an MS Word or Open Office document, electronically via e-mail attachment to ………………………. e-mail address.
8. Authors are responsible for ensuring that their manuscripts conform to the journal style. The editors will not undertake retyping of manuscripts before publication.
9. After the manuscript title, a concise (150-250 words) abstract, including the aim and significance of the manuscript, the methodology followed, the main findings both in Turkish and English is required. Maximum of five keywords should be stated following the abstracts. Shortly, the manuscript should be submitted in the following order: manuscript title, abstract, keywords, body text, notes and references.
10. Manuscript should not exceed 8,000 words, typed on A4 page with 1.5-line spacing, leaving margins 3.5 cm at the left, 3 cm at the right, 4.5 cm at the top and 3 cm at the bottom of the page.
11. All material should be 12-point, Times New Roman type. Article title and principal subheads should be 14-point Times New Roman type, bold and set on a line separate from the text. Secondary subheads should be 12-point Times New Roman, bold and set on a line separate from the text. Sub-subheads 12-point Times New Roman type, bold and italic, run-in at the beginning of the paragraph, and followed by a period.
12. All diagrams, charts and graphs should be referred as figures and consecutively numbered. Tables should be kept to a minimum and contain only essential data. Each figure and table must be given an Arabic numeral, followed by a heading, and be referred to in the text.
13. To cite the works you used in developing your article, use the author-date system. For each work to which you refer, give the author’s last (family) name, date of publication of the work cited, a page number(s) if needed.
14. Every reference cited in the text should be in parentheses. Reference in parentheses should be at the following order: Surname(s) of author (s), publication year and page number(s). Examples are as follows:
.......is stated (Ergun, 2004).
.......is indicated (Leblebici, 2004: 210-215).
......Babaoğlu (2017a: 15-20) ileri sürmektedir.
.......(Yıldız vd., 2012: 126-153).
......(Babaoglu ve Demircioğlu, 2011: 399-432).
15. Please use footnotes to elaborate or comment on material in the text.
16. List of references (the bibliography) that follows the endnotes should be given in alphabetical order. Only works actually cited in the text should be included in the references.
17. Only reference cited in the text should be included in the reference section. The references should be listed in an alphabetical order in a separate page. Page numbers of articles in periodicals or edited books should be indicated. The examples given below should be followed strictly:
Books: Mıhçıoğlu, C. (1988) Türkiye’de Çağdaş Kamu Yönetimi Öğretiminin Başlangıç Yılları, Ankara: Ankara Üniversitesi SBF.
Periodicals: Yıldız, M.; Babaoğlu, C. & Şahin, B. (2016) “Kamu Politikasını Türk İdare Tarihi Üzerinden Çalışmak”, Hacettepe Üniversitesi IIBF Dergisi, 34(2), pp. 133-158.
Edited Books: Allison, G. (2006) “Emergence of Schools of Public Policy: Reflections by a Founding Dean”, in. The Oxford Handbook of Public Policy, (Ed.) Robert E. Goodin, Michael Moran, and Martin Rein, Oxford: OUP Oxford. pp. 58-79.
E-Sources: Türkiye Cumhuriyet Merkez Bankası (2014), Kredi Kartı İşlemlerinde Uygulanacak Azami Faiz Oranları, http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/, Access Date: 13.08.2017.
COPYRIGHT FORM: https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/journal-file/25917
Ethics committee approval should be obtained for research conducted in all disciplines that require ethics committee approval, and this approval should be stated and documented in the article. In studies that require ethics committee permission, information about the permission (name of the committee, date and number) should be included in the method section, as well as on one of the first/last pages of the article.
Our ethical principles that are adopted and should be observed are within the framework of YÖK Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive, Higher Education Institutions Ethical Behavior Principles, TÜBİTAK - Research and Publication Ethics Board Regulation, COPE - Committee On Publication Ethics Principles.
Ethical rules to be followed by the editor:
1) The editor should ensure that the submitted articles are evaluated only according to the quality of the study and referee comments, regardless of the characteristics of the authors such as religion, language, race, ethnicity, political thought and gender.
2) The editor should reject the article in case of ethical violations.
3) The editor keeps the information about the articles sent to the journal confidential, and should not share this information with anyone other than the responsible author, referees and the editorial board.
4) The editor should ensure that the peer-review process is done with double-blind peer-review.
5) The editor should not use the information presented in the article for hhis/her own research.
6) The editor has full responsibility to reject, accept or request changes to the articles submitted to the journal.
Ethical rules that authors must follow:
1) Authors must declare that the work they sent is original and has not been published before.
2) Authors must declare that the work is not currently under review in another journal.
3) All authors named in the study must have contributed to the experimental design and implementation of the study, or to the analysis and interpretation of the data.
4) Authors should provide access to the data sets used in the article, if deemed necessary.
5) Authors are required to inform the editorial board if they realize that there is an important mistake in their published article.
6) Authors should submit ethics committee approval to the journal for studies that require ethics committee approval. If "Ethics Committee Approval" is required for the research; Information regarding the approval of the Ethics Committee (name of the ethics committee, number and date of the approval document) should be stated in the article.
Within the framework of ethical rules; Studies that require Ethics Committee Permission for evaluation in the journal are as follows:
- All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from the participants by using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques,
- The use of humans and animals (including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
- clinical studies on humans,
- Studies on animals,
- Retrospective studies in accordance with the personal data protection law.
Ethical rules that referees must follow:
1) Referees must agree to arbitrate on matters they feel have sufficient expertise.
2) Referees must agree to referee studies that they think they can evaluate as timely and adequate.
3) Reviewers must respect the confidentiality of peer-review and should not reveal any information about the work beyond what has been published, during or after the review process of a manuscript.
4) Referees should not use the information they obtain during the refereeing process for their own or others' advantage.
5) Reviewers should notify the journal editorial board when they suspect plagiarism or other ethical violations.
6) Referees should not arbitrate in situations where there may be a conflict of interest.
7) Referees should be objective and constructive in their evaluations and should not make personal comments.
Editors; is obliged to implement the "Blind Refereeing and Evaluation Process" policies included in the journal's publication policies. In this context, the editors ensure that the fair, impartial and timely evaluation process of each work is completed.
Kamu Yönetimi ve Teknoloji Dergisi çevrimiçi bir dergidir. Yazarlara ve okuyuculara yönelik bir ücret talep edilmemektedir.