Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences (e-ISSN: 2148-4228) is a peer-reviewed and open access electronic journal published twice (January-July) in a year.
Optimum Journal of Economics and Management is an Open Access journal and it offers the content it publishes directly to open access. The journal aims to support the development and support of science with the Open Access policy. The journal does not require submission or article processing fees from the authors.
https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/journal-file/7525Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences includes international papers about economics, business administration, public finance, international relations, econometrics, public administration and political science with the aim of providing a field for academicians, researchers and professionals interested in these fields. The papers can be sent in Turkish or English languages.
Please click for the statistics of Google Scholar.
Already have a Username/Password for Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences?
Need a Username/Password?
Rules for Authors
1.The author(s) who have been asked for corrections after referee’s evaluation must send back their writing in four months time. If the author(s) do not reply in the time given, their articles are not be evaluated.
2.The author(s) must update their articles in accordance with the referees’ suggestions. If they do not think a revision or addition offered by the referee is appropriate, they must inform the editorial board about this by specifying their reasons. The referee would be informed as well.
3.The author(s) can demand to withdraw their articles during the process of evaluation by e-mail, letter or fax. The acceptance for withdrawal depends on the verdict of the Editorial Board. The author(s) cannot send or publish the articles which have not been accepted for the withdrawal by the Editorial Board. The institutions which the author is working with and the related publisher would be informed about the issue.
4.During the make-up process, the author(s) must reply the prompts for check up and corrections in the time given. If the author(s)do not reply back in the time given, their articles will be postponed in order to be evaluated for the following copy.
5.Under no condition will the back dating demands be accepted.
6.Articles are not accepted for a specific copy in Optimum Journal Economics and Management Sciences. Authors are free to send their articles in any time. The articles, evaluation processes of which are over, are published in accordance with their arrival date.
7.In order for the authors to publish a new article, 3 new issues must be published.
8.Newly submitted articles will not be processed by the author (s) who have previously been rejected for ethical / plagiarism.
The publication process at Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences is the basis of the improvement and dissemination of information objectively and respectfully. Therefore, the procedures in this process improve the quality of the studies. Peer-reviewed studies are the ones that support and materialize the scientific method. At this point, it is of utmost importance that all parties included in the publication process (authors, readers, and researchers, publishers, reviewers, and editors) comply with the standards of ethical considerations. Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences expects all parties to hold the following ethical responsibilities. iThenticate, Turnitin, or intihal.net can be used for professional plagiarism detection and prevention.
The following ethical duties and responsibilities are written in light of the guidelines and policies made by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
The authors who submit their manuscripts to Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
• Author(s) must submit original studies to the journal. If they utilize or use other studies, they must make the in-text and end-text references accurately and completely.
• People who have not contributed to the study at the intellectual level should not be indicated as the author.
• If the manuscripts submitted to be published are subject to conflicting interests or relations, these must be explained.
• During the review process of their manuscripts, the author(s) may be asked to supply raw data. In such a case, the author(s) should be ready to submit such data and information to the editorial board.
• Author(s) should document that they have the participants' consent and the necessary permissions related to the sharing and research/analysis of the data that are used.
• Author(s) bears the responsibility to inform the editor of the journal or publisher if they happen to notice a mistake in their study which is in early release or publication process and to cooperate with the editors during the correction or withdrawal process.
• Authors cannot submit their studies to multiple journals simultaneously. Each submission can be made only after the previous one is completed. A study published in another journal cannot be submitted to Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences.
• Author responsibilities are given in a study (e.g., adding an author, reordering of author names) cannot be changed if the review process has begun.
In terms of ethical rules; the situations requiring Ethics Committee Permission for the researches to be evaluated in the journal are as follows:
• Any research carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques,
• Use of humans and animals (including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
• Clinical researches on humans,
• Researches on animals,
• Retrospective studies in accordance with the law of protection of personal data.
In this context, in the studies to be evaluated in our journal;
• In the case reports, it is stated that the “informed consent form” was taken,
• Obtaining and expressing permission from the owners for the use of scales, surveys, and photographs belonging to others,
• It should be noted that the copyright regulations are complied with for the ideas and works of art used.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors
The editors of Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences should hold the following ethical responsibilities that are based on the guides "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and "COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" published as open Access by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
General duties and responsibilities
Editors are responsible for each study published in the Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences. In this respect, the editors have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Making efforts to meet the demand for knowledge from readers and authors,
• Ensuring the continuous development of the journal,
• Managing the procedures aimed to improve the quality of the studies published in the journal,
• Supporting intellectual freedom,
• Ensuring academic integrity,
• Following the procedures without making concessions on intellectual property rights and ethical standards,
• Being transparent and clear in issues that require correction or explanation.
• Relationships with readers
Editors must make decisions taking into consideration the knowledge, skills, and expectations of all readers, researchers, and practitioners that they need. Editors must also ensure that the published studies should contribute to the literature and be original. Moreover, they must take notice of the feedback received from readers, researchers, and practitioners and provide explanatory and informative feedback.
Relationships with Authors
Editors have the following duties and responsibilities in their relations with authors:
• Editors must make positive or negative decisions about the studies' importance, originality, validity, clarity in wording, and suitability with the journal's aims and objectives.
• Editors must take the studies that are within the scope of the publication into the pre-review process unless there are serious problems with the study.
• Editors must not ignore positive suggestions made by reviewers unless there are serious problems with the study.
• New editors, unless there are serious issues, must not change the previous editor's decisions about the studies.
• "Blind Review and Review Process" must be published and editors must prevent possible diversions from the defined processes.
• Editors must publish an "Author's Guide" that is comprehensive enough in answering queries by authors. This guide must be updated regularly.
• The authors should be provided with explanatory and informative feedback.
Relationships with Reviewers
Editors have the following duties and responsibilities in their relations with reviewers:
• choose reviewers according to the subject of the study.
• provide the information and guidance reviewers may need during the review process.
• observe whether there are conflicting interests between reviewers and authors.
• keep the identities of reviewers confidential in a blind review.
• encourage the reviewers to review the manuscript in an unbiased, scientific, and objective tone.
• evaluate reviewers regularly based on criteria like performance and timing.
• develop practices and policies that increase the performance of reviewers.
• take the necessary steps to update the reviewer pool dynamically.
• prevent unkind and unscientific reviews.
• make an effort to ensure the reviewer pool has a wide range.
Relationships with the Editorial Board
Editors must make sure that the members of the editorial board follow the procedures in accordance with the publication policies and guidelines, and must inform the members about the publication policies and developments. The editors must also train new members of the editorial board and provide the information they need.
Moreover, editors must;
• ensure that the members of the editorial board review the manuscripts in an unbiased and independent manner.
• select the new members of the editorial board from those who can contribute to the journal and are qualified enough.
• send manuscripts for review based on the subject of expertise of the editorial board members.
• regularly communicate with the editorial board.
• arrange regular meetings with the editorial board for the development of publication policies and the journal.
Relationships with the Journal's Owner and Publisher
The relationship between the editors and publishers is based on the principle of the independence of editors.
Editorial and Blind Review Processes
Editors are obliged to comply with the policies of the "Blind Review and Review Process" stated in the journal's publication policies. Therefore, the editors ensure that each manuscript is reviewed in an unbiased, fair, and timely manner.
Editors must make sure that articles in the journal are published in accordance with the publication policies of the journal and international standards.
Protection of Personal Information
Editors are supposed to protect the personal information related to the subjects or visuals in the studies being reviewed and to reject the study if there is no documentation of the subjects' consent. Furthermore, editors are supposed to protect the personal information of the authors, reviewers, and readers.
Encouraging Ethical Rules and the Protection of Human and Animal Rights
Editors are supposed to protect human and animal rights in the studies being reviewed and must reject the experimental studies which do not have ethical and related committee’s approval about the population given in such studies.
Precautions against possible Abuse and Malpractice
Editors are supposed to take precautions against possible abuse and malpractice. They must conduct investigations meticulously and objectively in determining and evaluating complaints about such situations. They must also share the results of the investigation.
Ensuring Academic Integrity
Editors must make sure that the mistakes, inconsistencies, or misdirections in studies are corrected quickly.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Editors are responsible for protecting the intellectual property rights of all the articles published in the journal and the rights of the journal and author(s) in cases where these rights are violated. Also, editors must take the necessary precautions in order to prevent the content of all published articles from violating the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Constructiveness and Openness to Discussion
• pay attention to the convincing criticism about studies published in the journal and must have a constructive attitude towards such criticism.
• grant the right of reply to the author(s) of the criticized study.
• not ignore or exclude the study that includes negative results.
Editors must examine the complaints from authors, reviewers, or readers and respond to them in an explanatory and enlightening manner.
Political and Economic Apprehensions
Neither the owner of the journal, publisher, or any other political or economical factor can influence the independent decision making of the editors.
Editors, acknowledging that there may be conflicting interests between reviewers and other editors, guarantee that the publication process of the manuscripts will be completed in an independent and unbiased manner.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
The fact that all manuscripts are reviewed through “Blind Review” has a direct influence on the publication quality. This process ensures confidentiality by an objective and independent review. The review process at Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences is carried out on the principle of double-blind review. Reviewers do not contact the authors directly, and the reviews and comments are conveyed through the journal management system. In this process, the reviewer comments on the evaluation forms, and full texts are assigned to the author(s) by the editor. In this context, the reviewers doing review work for Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences are supposed to bear the following ethical responsibilities:
• agree to review only in their subject of expertise.
• review in an unbiased and confidential manner.
• inform the editor of the journal if they think that they encounter a conflict of interest and decline to review the manuscript during the review process.
• dispose of the manuscripts they have reviewed in accordance with the principle of confidentiality after the review process. Reviewers can use the final versions of the manuscripts they have reviewed only after publication.
• review the manuscript objectively and only in terms of its content and ensure that nationality, gender, religious and political beliefs, and economic apprehension do not influence the review.
• review the manuscript in a constructive and kind tone, avoid making personal comments including hostility, slander, and insult.
• review the manuscript they have agreed to review on time and in accordance with the ethical rules stated above.
Ethical Responsibilities of Publisher
Usak University, the publisher of Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences, is a non-profit foundation university. Therefore, the Board of Usak University is conscious of the fact that they must observe the ethical responsibilities below and act accordingly:
• Editors are responsible for all the processes that the manuscripts submitted to the Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences will go through. Within this framework, ignoring the economic or political interests, the decision-makers are the editors.
• The publisher undertakes to have an independent editorial decision made.
• The publisher bears all the responsibility to take precautions against scientific abuse, fraud, and plagiarism.
Should you encounter any unethical act or content in Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences apart from the ethical responsibilities listed above, please notify the journal by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences (e-ISSN: 2148-4228) is a peer-reviewed and open-access electronic journal published twice (January-July) in a year.
Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences includes international papers about economics, business administration, public finance, international relations, econometrics, public administration, and political science with the aim of providing a field for academicians, researchers, and professionals interested in these fields. The articles can be sent in Turkish or English languages. The authors are responsible for the thoughts expressed in the articles.
The articles submitted to the Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences should not have been previously published anywhere and should not have been submitted to another printed / electronic medium for publication.
The articles submitted to Optimum Economics and Management Science are subject to preliminary control in terms of form and content. The articles that are appropriate in form and content are presented to the editorial board for the appointment of referees. There is no guarantee that the article submitted will be appointed to referees.
Within the framework of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License (CC-BY-NC), Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences is an open-access journal. The Journal does not charge any fees for article submission or article processing.
Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences is an Open Access journal. The journal is an Open Access journal and provides immediate open access to its contents. The Journal aims to promote the development of global Open Access to scientific information and research.The Journal does not charge any fees for article submission or article processing.