JOURNAL OF ORIENTAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (JOSR) is a peer-reviewed open access journal that is scanned in international field indexes and published in 6-monthly intervals in electronic media.
Şarkiyat İlmi Araştırmalar Dergisi Elektronik Ortamda 6 Aylık Aralıklarla Yayın Yapan Uluslararası Alan İndekslerinde Taranan Hakemli Açık Erişim Bir Dergidir.
JOURNAL OF ORIENTAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (JOSR) , refereed, open access journal published every 6 months.
The manuscripts are first analysed by the editor and the editorial board in terms of scientific expression and spelling rules. The manuscripts that are deemed appropriate are sent to three referees who are well-known for their scientific studies in their field. In line with the decisions of the referees, it is decided to publish the article or to publish it on the condition of correction. Manuscripts that are deemed unsuitable for publication in line with the decision of the referees are rejected.
Manuscripts should be sent via journipark. The title of the article should be written in detail.
As of 1 January 2021, if the referee processes of the articles submitted as of 1 January 2021 are positive, the authors are requested to add an extended abstract in English between 750 and 1,000 words.
The name, title, institution and e-mail address of the author should be indicated with a starred footnote. If the article is a translation, the source of the translation should be indicated in the footnote, and the original text should be sent with the translation. Copyright certificates are also requested for translated works.
Articles sent to referees are anonymous. Referee names and author names are only known and kept secret by the editorial board. Reports from the referees are kept in the journal archive.
Authors may be asked to make some corrections in their manuscripts in line with the referee reports. The final decision on the publication of the article belongs to the editorial board.
Articles deemed suitable for publication are placed in the publication queue. Rejected manuscripts or manuscripts that are not deemed suitable for publication even after correction requests are not returned and the author is notified of the reasons.
Those who serve in the editorial, advisory and referee boards cannot participate in the discussions and referee assignments of their own articles.
All responsibility for the published articles belongs to the authors.
The articles sent to the journal for publication must be original and not published elsewhere and the plagiarism report must be uploaded to the system by the author.
For articles produced from graduate theses, this situation should be stated in the footnote or in the note to the editor during the first submission, and it should be clearly written that the article in question is produced from the thesis.
Our journal accepts all original and scientific publications in the field of social sciences.
All copyrights of the articles belong to e-Journal of Oriental Studies.
WRITING LANGUAGE AND ABSTRACTS
The language of the journal is Turkish, English, Arabic, Persian and Kurdish.
All articles must include a Turkish and English abstract of at least 150 words and no more than 200 words. In all articles, the English title of the article should be included before the English abstract.
Under the abstracts, keywords/keywords should be written in a minimum of 5 and maximum 6 words.
In the abstract, the scope and purpose of the research should be stated, the method used should be described and the results obtained should be briefly given.
Works that are not submitted according to the spelling rules are not taken into consideration in any way.
Manuscripts to be submitted to the journal should be in Word 2013 or higher (Articles not submitted according to this format may have some problems such as words ending each other). Before the article is uploaded to the system, the layout guide should be examined and the ready template should be used.
The article should be written as follows.
Text writing style-Times New Roman
Main text-12 pt/ single line spacing
Footnote text-10 font size / single line spacing
Margins-Left: 3cm. right, bottom, top: 3 cm
Paragraph spacing - Before: 6 pt, after: 6 pt
Line spacing: Single
Turkish and English article titles should be written in bold font.
Articles should have Abstract, Introduction, Conclusion, and References sections.
High resolution, print quality scanned images should be sent as an attachment to the article. The rules in figure and chart nomenclature should be followed.
Manuscripts should not exceed 30 pages excluding bibliography. In the case of introductions, evaluations, manuscript editions or translations, flexibility may be shown in this regard if the number of citations is high.
Bibliographies of articles written in Arabic should also be written in Latin alphabet.
Direct quotations should be enclosed in quotation marks. Quotations less than 2.5 lines should be written between the lines; quotations longer than 2.5 lines should be written 1.5 cm from the right and left of the line, in blocks and single-spaced.
ISNAD citation system is not used in our journal. You need to edit your article by downloading the manual in Turkish/English from https://www.isnadsistemi.org.
Researcher identification numbers are used in order to prevent some problems arising from name/institution similarities in the scientific studies of researchers, scientists and academicians. Within the scope of the studies carried out in cooperation between TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM and YÖK, it has been decided to use ORCID information. In this context, it was decided to use the internationally recognised
The editors of the OURNAL OF ORIENTAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH are responsible for the publication, rejection, or return of manuscripts in accordance with academic values or criteria.
- Editors may decide to send a manuscript to a referee or to reject it without sending it to a referee.
- Editors may consult with the editor and advisory board members regarding the publication process.
- Authors are subject to evaluation based on academic criteria without discrimination in terms of race, religion, language, ethnic origin, gender, political opinion, title, institutional affiliation, etc.
- In case of conflict of interest, the author, referee and editor are responsible to each other. In cases where there is a competition of interest between the author, editor and referee, the parties are obliged to state this situation.
- Board members other than the editors cannot have information about the identity of the author. This information is not shared with third parties.
- Articles published in the journal can be shared, copied and distributed provided that references are given. However, it cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- If there is a published article, table, picture, quotation, etc. in the article, the author must obtain written permission from the owner of the publication right and indicate this.
- The articles must comply with scientific and ethical rules and the responsibility lies with the authors.
- Journal of Şarkiyat does not have any pricing policy for article submission, evaluation and access.
- Journal of Şarkiyat strictly adheres to international ethical rules.
- Plagiarism check is carried out for the articles sent to the journal
CODE OF ETHICS
- Separate ethics committee approval must be obtained for research in all disciplines, including social sciences, and for clinical and experimental human and animal studies that require ethics committee approval, and this approval must be stated and documented in the article.
- Researches requiring Ethics Committee approval are as follows:
o All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using survey, interview, focus group study, observation, experiment, interview techniques
o Use of humans and animals (including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
o Clinical research on humans,
o Research on animals,
o Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on the protection of personal data,
o In addition, in case presentations, stating that the "informed consent form" has been obtained, obtaining and indicating permission from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaires, photographs belonging to others, stating that copyright regulations are complied with for the intellectual and artistic works used.
- Journal of Şarkiyat is committed to fulfil ethical duties and responsibilities on the basis of Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive and Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- Submitted articles are firstly evaluated by the editors.
- Journal of Oriental Studies uses a two-sided blind review method.
- Since the copyright of the articles sent to the referees for review belongs to the authors, the referees and editors cannot publicly discuss, copy, disseminate or share the article.
- At the editorial stage (before the referee process):
o Articles that are not within the scope of the journal
o Not considered sufficient in terms of language and expression rules
o Contains scientific errors
o Manuscripts that do not comply with the publication policies of the journal are rejected.
- Rejected manuscripts may be resubmitted if there are requests for correction after these requests are met.
- Manuscripts deemed suitable for evaluation are sent to two referees who are experts in their fields. The referees report their evaluations through the system.
- If one of the two referees reports a negative evaluation, the manuscript is sent to a third referee.
- If 2 out of 3 referees give positive approval, the article is published.
- The duration of the referees is 15 days.
- Referees review the manuscript
o Can refuse
o Can request major/minor correction
o May accept.
- Referees are determined according to their expertise and interests.
- The manuscripts submitted by the authors are expected to be original and of scientific value.
- Authors are required to cite and quote correctly.
- The person or persons who do not contribute to the content of the text should not be indicated as an author.
- Conflicts of interest, if any, should be disclosed during the application.
- Authors must have the rights to use the data and the necessary research permissions. It should be undertaken that the studies have ethics committee approval and permissions for experimental research and this should be stated in the text. Otherwise, it is accepted that the study may be rejected.
- Authors cannot submit their work to more than one journal at the same time.
- A published study cannot be submitted to Hafıza again.
- Requests for changes such as adding new authors, removing authors, changing the order after the evaluation process has started cannot be accepted.
- Papers should not be presented as a paper in meetings, symposiums or congresses.
Creative Commons Atıf-Gayriticari 4.0 Uluslararası Lisansı (CC BY-NC 4.0) ile lisanslanmıştır.
Derginin tüm içeriğine açık erişim sağlanmaktadır. Yayınlanan makaleler öncelikle İThenticate programında taranmaktadır.
Dergimizde yayınlanan makalelerin sorumluluğu yazara ait olup, tüm telif hakları Şarkiyat İlmi Araştırmalar Dergisi’ne devrolunmuştur.