Sinop University Journal of Social Sciences Publishing Principles and General Writing Rules
1. Studies sent to Sinop University Journal of Social Sciences submitted in the form of copyright, Research Article, Review Article, Book Review, edition critique, or translation are taken into consideration.
2. Studies sent to the journal must not have been published in another publication or should not be in the publication process. Studies previously presented in the form of papers in a congress, information festival, workshop, or meeting can be published if deemed appropriate by the editorial board and provided that the date and place are specified. All responsibilities in this regard belong to the authors.
3. Submission of articles to our journal can only be done by becoming a member of Dergi Park via http://dergipark.org.tr/sinopusd. All processes of the journal continue electronically.
4. The author submits the Author's Copyright Transfer Form in the appendix to the article. If there is more than one author, the Author Contribution Form explaining the contributions of the others is prepared separately for each author.
5. Studies sent to the journal are firstly reviewed by the editorial office. Studies that do not comply with the journal's writing and publication principles are returned to the author for correction.
6. Studies approved by the editorial board are sent to at least two referees for evaluation, by keeping the names of the author and the referee mutually confidential. A new referee is appointed by the editorship instead of the referees who do not send their reports within the specified time.
7. The journal, upon the request of the referees, has the right to request corrections in the submitted study as well as to reject the study. Requested corrections are notified to the authors via the “Dergipark” article tracking system. Reviewers may want to see corrections before the study is published. The final decision on the publication of the studies is made by the editorial board, considering the opinion of most of the referees. The articles that are decided to be published are notified to the authors.
8. It is preferred that the entire text, including articles, notes, tables, figures, graphics, and references/bibliography, should not exceed 10,000 words.
9. 9. At the beginning of the article, there should be an abstract in Turkish and English, not exceeding 300 words, expressing the subject shortly and concisely. The article should start with an "Introduction" section in which the approaches in the literature related to the purpose, scope, and research, and the method of this study are discussed, and it should also end with a "Conclusion" section in which the findings obtained are evaluated.
10. In addition to the Turkish and English abstracts, an extended English summary of 1500-2000 words should be added at the end of the articles under international standards. (Extended English abstract is not required for English articles.)
11. Studies are written on 17x24 cm pages, with a margin of 2.5 cm from the top, 2 cm from the bottom, right and left, 1 cm in the header, and 0.4 cm in the footer.
12. The main text is 11 pt., Turkish and English abstracts, Footnotes and Bibliography are 10 pt. Times New Roman font, Footnotes are 12 pt., others are 1.5 line spacing. Paragraphs first line and bibliography second line indent should be 1.25 cm.
13. Turkish and English keywords should consist of a maximum of 5 words.
14. Turkish article title should be in capital letters. Only the initials of the English title, Abstract, Keywords, and Turkish Abstract and Keywords should be written in capital letters and these words should be 0.6 pt. from the abstract text.
15. Tables, figures, photographs, graphics, and drawings should be numbered, the first letter of each word in their naming should be capitalized and the title of the table should be italicized. Title and content texts are in 10 pt. and 12 pt. It should be in line spacing and there should be no distance between them and the table.
16. Block quotations that exceed three lines in the text should be in italics, in quotation marks, 10 points, 1.25 from the left, 0.5 cm from the right, and 0.6 pt. from the main text.
17. In APA style writing, explanations are given before the bibliography, not under the text, under the heading Endnotes, in order of footnote numbers.
18. During the evaluation process, information about the author (author's name, title, institution, and e-mail address) should not be given in the manuscript.
19. It is obligatory to comply with the grammar rules of the Turkish Language Association (TDK) in the studies submitted to the journal.
20. The accuracy of the sources is the responsibility of the authors.
21. The articles submitted to the Journal of Social Sciences of Sinop University are used as the reference system in the American Psychological Association (APA) style and all information about this style is given below under a separate heading.
22. Authors who submitted articles to our journal should keep updated their information such as institution, Title, ORCID, and Country.