Mustafa Kemal University Journal of Agricultural Sciences (MKUJAS) is double blind peer reviewed, open access international research journal published three issues per year regularly by the Mustafa Kemal University, Faculty of Agriculture since 1996 (former name is Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi Ziraat Fakültesi Dergisi (MKU Journal of Agriculture Faculty) (former ISSN: 1300-9362). The publication languages of the journal are in Turkish and in English. Journal supported by an international editorial board consisting of experts in all disciplines from different research areas in Agriculture, Food Sciences and Plant Biotechnologies.
Mustafa Kemal University Journal of Agricultural Sciences use and accept online manuscript submission in the frame of open-access journal system and offers unlimited access to the service of the stakeholders with the unlimited access facilities.
The journal is indexed and abstracted by CABI (CAB Abstracts and Global Health), EBSCO Discovery, Scientific Indexing Services (SIS), Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI), Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals (MIAR) and Google Scholar, and also currently being tried to be covered by other important scientific databases.
The Journal considers the following types of articles:
• Standard full-length Research Article: These should describe new and carefully confirmed findings including experimental procedures. A paper of this nature should contain the Abstract, Key words, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Acknowledgements, Declaration of Conflict of Interest, References. A typical standard paper contains 15–20 manuscript pages.
• Reviews: This should give an overview of a topical field of interest for a wide spectrum of readers and should contain the abstract, topical sections and subsections, and references. Reviews should be concise and no longer than 12-15 manuscript pages.
• Technical Note/Short Communication: It must not exceed 6-12 manuscript pages (without figures) and must contain the Abstract, Key words, Abbreviations, the core of the paper, Acknowledgements, References, Tables, and Legends to figures. It should report a completed work but not preliminary findings.
• Case Report: It must not exceed 1 manuscript pages (without figures) and must contain the brief introduction, method, results and conclusion for new plant disease, plant species etc for Country. It should report a completed work but not preliminary findings.
Special Issues devoted to important topics in Agriculture and Food sciences will occasionally be published
MKUJAS have served the academic community since 1996 by giving authors the option to publish their studies as Open Access which allow free distribution of and access to published articles without subscription charges. The author retains copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License so all articles are made freely available to the widest audience possible.
Benefits of Open Access are;
• Articles published are freely accessible to read, copy, distribute and use, thus maximizing the visibility of research publications provided the terms of the Open Access license below are followed.
• Publications are included in abstracting and indexing databases to make them easy to find and cite.
• Articles undergo peer review and are held to the highest scientific publishing standards.
• Publications are prepared with top quality from peer review to desk and copy editing to layout to personalized service from experienced publishing professionals.
• Author retains copyright.
MKUJAS uses online submission system at http://dergipark.org.tr/mkutbd. Authors are advised to follow the Author Guidelines in preparing the manuscript before submission.
• The manuscript submitted to the journal is subject to preliminary assessment by editorial board member of related section. The board has the right to decline the manuscript without initiating the peer review process in the event the manuscript does not meet the journal’s criteria.
• Manuscripts that meet the basic requirements of the journal are sent to two referees who experts in the particular field of science for review process. The reviewers' recommendations determine whether a paper will be accepted / accepted subject to change / subject to resubmission with significant changes / rejected.
• For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
• Author/Corresponding Author will be notified about the possible date of publication
• The review process takes maximum two months.
Compliance with publication ethics ensures the integrity of scientific publishing and confidence in published articles. Therefore, MKUJAS expects all authors to adhere to ethical requirements in the preparation of their manuscript.
The Merriam Webster Online dictionary defines plagiarizing as:
• to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
• use (another's production) without crediting the source
• to commit literary theft
• present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
MKUJAS considers plagiarism a serious offense. MKUJAS is committed to eliminating manuscripts with possible cases of plagiarism from its review and publication process. MKUJAS uses the plagiarism detection application programmes and data bases to check each manuscript for possible cases of plagiarism.
Plagiarism check is the first step in the manuscript review process. Manuscripts that are found to contain unacceptable level of similarity with other published works (>25% similarity) are immediately rejected.
Submitted manuscripts should be the original works of the author(s). MKUJAS follows "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors guideline published by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in suspected cases of plagiarism.
|Journal Previous Name||ISSN||eISSN||Year|
|Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi Ziraat Fakültesi Dergisi||1300-9362||1996-2019|