1. In order to be evaluated in Ataturk University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences (JEAS), the articles which were presented to be published are required to be submitted to the jorunal system (http://dergipark.gov.tr/atauniiibd) in accordance with the author guidelines. To be sent the article for the first time, Send Article should be selected and by following the necessary steps the article and other related information and documents should be submitted to the system.
2. Author(s) are required to save the Name-Surname, Institution, E-Mail and ORCID information in full. Explanatory information about the article and author(s) (that the article was produced from the master thesis or another scientific study, acknowledgment to institutions and foundations, project support information etc.) should be in the first page, article file should start with the second page of the text with the title of the article and there should not be any information about the author(s) from second page onward. The cover page in which the name and surname of the author(s), information of institution, e-mail ORCID and explanatory information about the article exist and information about author(s) and article have been removed by the editor due the blind review rules during the evaluation process. Besides the cover page in which information about the author exists should be submitted as an attachment.
3. In the articles which were sent to be published web extension sources which are failed to scientific supervision are required not to be used. Scientific rules and norms should be obeyed in the preparation of the articles, clear and simple explanations should be followed and the information of subject, aim, scope, reason of preparation, authentic contribution etc. should be sufficient and included in a definite order. In the articles which were sent to be published, author(s) are expected to be accept these rules and royalty should not be paid to the author(s). Editorial Board has reserved the rejection of the articles due to the fact that they do not abide the rules, demand to correct and reorganize the ones which were not prepared in accordance with the scope and aim of the journal and inauthentic and have spelling mistake.
4. The articles which were sent to be published and meet the formal conditions are examined by the editors in accordance with the aim, scope, authenticity and the contribution to the literature, the ones which do not meet the required conditions are sent at least to two reviewer to be evaluated by double and blind review. Peer review and evaluation reports have primary effect on publishing the articles and the editorial board are in charge of the final decisions whether the articles are published or not.
5. The articles which were found appropriate for publication by the editorial board are taken to the page-setting phase and the articles whose typesetting are done are sent to the responsible author for final review. The primary responsibility belongs to the author for fulfillment of this kind of needs in preparation of the articles. In supervision of the author in charge and the coordination of the authors of the article the completion the final review at least one week and the reviewed final version are expected to be delivered. In this stage, while only the formal correction is permitted to the author(s), any essential intervention which may change the content of the article is not permitted. Editorial board has reserved the right to resend the article for peer-review in case the author(s) insist on these kinds of essential changes. Author(s) can follow all these stages of publication via the journal system and on http://dergipark.gov.tr/atauniiibd.
6. Author(s) are required to send the articles on the website Typesetting Template by preparing appropriately to the author guidelines in Microsoft Office Word 2016 or further version. The articles which are not prepared in accordance with Typesetting Template and author guidelines are rejected without being taken to the peer-review. In order to access Typesetting Template author guidelines please Click.
7. Author(s) are required to submit analysis report of their articles etc. iThenticate which have been analyzed by similarity programs that have international validity and letter of application (signed copyright form) on the journal system. Similarity Program Report should be taken considering the Pligarism Policy of Ataturk University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences (JEAS) and the ones which do not meet the rules of policy of pligarism have not been evaluated.In order to access the Letter of Application, Click.
8. As mentioned on the page of Ethical Rules and Publication Policy, in case the data sets which were used in the analyses of the articles and legal reasons which prevent the data sharing author(s)are required to submit the documents which show this case. Author(s) are supposed in advance to approve to be demanded and supervised by the editorial board if necessary the data set and analysis results of the articles.
9. Author(s) are required to pay 200TL into Halkbank Dadaşkent Şubesi: Atatürk Üniversitesi Strateji Geliştirme Daire Başkanlığı (Ataturk University Directorate of Strategy Development)(TR88 0001 2001 6770 0004 0000 13) to meet the costs of journal (Typesetting, hard copy and postage) and submit the bank receipt to Dergipark system. Preliminary examination and peer review process of the editorial board has started with the payment of the delivery cost. In the statement part of the receipt the title of the article and the information of the author in charge should be mentioned. The pay of articles which were found inappropriate by the editorial board to publish in the preliminary examination and peer review process has not been refunded. Claim for refund based on different comments about the editorial board or reviewer evaluations have been disregarded. The author(s) who are assigned as peer-review in a number of times in the journal on the condition of the 1 year are not in the pay for an article to be sent.
10. The Documents which were required to submit the journal system by the author(s) according to the General Rules:
• Article Full Text prepared according to (Typesetting Template and author guidelines Article Full Text: Consists of Abstract, Key Words, JEL Code Classification, Extended Summary, Main Text and Bibliography and the Cover Page in which Name-Surname of the author(s), Institution, E-mail and ORCID information exist).
• Article Cover Page
• Letter of Application (Signed Copyright Form)
• Similarity Report
• For Ethics Committee Approval and “Studies which need Research Ethics Committee Approval” please see: Ethical Rules and Publication Policy
• Delivery Fee and Bank Receipt
Journal Typing Style and Rules:
Cover Page: Mentions the first page on which the name-surname of the author(s), institution, e-mail ORCID information and explanatory information about the article exist.
Title: The titles which will reflect the content of the article clearly and briefly in Turkish and English should be in title case, justified Times New Roman 12 pt. and bold.
Abstract: It should be prepared in Turkish and English, should reflet the scope and aim of the study, should contain no quotation and 150 word at maximum.
Key Words: It should be in Turkish and English between 3-8 words.
JEL Classification: After abstract and extended summary,3-5 JEL (Journal of Economic Literature) should be displayed. In order to classify, http://www.aeaweb.org/ journal/jel_class_system.phpcan be used.
Extended Summary: Extended Summary: The extended summaries in Turkish articles should be in English, and in English articles in Turkish and they should be between 420-450 words at maximum, they should also contain the aim, problematics, methods, findings and results of the articles and should be given before the main text.
Main Text: The main text should start with introduction, should continue with the related chapters and be completed with conclusion.
Titles of the Chapter: All headings of the main chapter should be typed in capital letters, center aligned, bold and be numbered except the Conclusion part, as for the title of the subheadings, each word should be title case, not bold Italic and numbered. Heading numbering whose detail can be found in Typesetting Template should be done manually without Word automatic one.
Bibliography: Ataturk University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences (JEAS) has accepted APA (American Psychological Association). In order your article to be appropriate to the bibliography style of the journal please See. APA Publication Manual 6th Edition.
Font: Times New Roman Abstract (9pt.) Extended Summary and Intext (11pt.) should be used.
Page Setup: A4 Paper:
Margins: 5 cm form top 5.5 cm from bottom, 4.25 left and right
Paragraphs should be justified.
Indents should be 10 cm.
Interlinear space Single
Page numbers should be below, center aligned.
Paragraph Form: Paragraph space should be 6nk. Before-after.
Word Limitation: Cover page of the articles, main text, Extended Summary including Notes and bibliography of the article should not extend 10000 words.
Extent of the Main Text: The articles which were prepared by being used MS Word 2016 or further versions should not extend 25 pages including main text, Extended Summary including Notes and bibliography.
Author(s) Information: Author information should not be anywhere apart from the cover page of the article. The articles which contain author information apart from the cover page have been returned without being processed.
Charts and Figures: Figure, Chart, Map and Photos should not extend the page field if necessary each should be placed on separate pages. Charts and Figures should be paged and tagged according to the content as Turkish and English. Numbers and headings should be typed under the graphs and figures, above the charts and title case, bold. The headings of the charts and figures should be Times New Roman 11 pt. and their contents should be Times New Roman 10 pt.
Footnotes: Arranged by in-text citation, it should be typed in Times New Roman 10pt.
Typesetting Template: It shows the sample article format which was prepared according to the author guidelines of the Journal. To access the Typesetting Template Please click.
Extended Summary: To access the Extended Summary Template which was prepared according to the author guidelines of the Journal , please Click
Bibliography Spelling Rules
Ataturk University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences (JEAS) has accepted APA (American Psychological Association). In order your article to be appropriate to the bibliography style of the journal please See. APA Publication Manual 6th Edition.
Citation: For detailed information about in-text citation See: APA Publication Manual
Bibliography: For detailed information in order to make a bibliography please see: APA Publication Manual
In order to add your bibliography in APA Format automatically you can visit https://support.microsoft.com/tr-tr/office/kaynak%C3%A7a-al%C4%B1nt%C4%B1lar-ve-ba%C5%9Fvurular-olu%C5%9Fturma-17686589-4824-4940-9c69-342c289fa2a5.
REMINDER TO THE AUTHORS: The points which we request to pay attention are given below: It will be useful for authors to check their articles once more, before sending via the systems by taking into consideration the points mentioned.
Reviewer Check List:
Appropriateness of Turkish and English titles to the study.
Does the abstract cover the aim of the study and the findings and suggestions gained through the applied method?
Are the Turkish and English abstracts compatible?
Are the Turkish and English keywords compatible and sufficient?
Are the sources of the article current, sufficient and related to the subject of the article?
Is each source in the article included in the bibliography?
Are there any source which was not used in the article included in the bibliography?
Are the subject and the aim of the study underlined sufficiently in the introduction?
Are the design of the chapter and authentic contribution of the study explained in the introduction?
Are the research method(s) appropriate for the subject of the study?
Are the figures and charts arranged appropriately and comprehensibly according to the research data?
Are the research findings discussed sufficiently?
Are the research data defined clearly and specified in terms of their sources ?
Is the study presented in a fluent consistent and intelligible language?
Are the spelling rules complied with in the study?
Does the study have an authentic value in terms of scientific contribution?
In the conclusion part, are the constraints and suggestion for the further studies mentioned?
(k) In this sense, for the evaluation of the research articles in the Ataturk University JEAS it is necessary:
(l) Author(s) are responsible for obeying the related copyright terms about the materials which were borrowed or used from other sources and signing the agreement which mentions to attorn of the copyright to the Journal. All responsibilites caused by the works in the journal belong to the author(s).
2. Ethical Responsibilities of the Peers
During the publishing process the peer evaluation has been implemented according to two-way blind review principles in the Ataturk University JEAS and peers and authors cannot communicate directly and the information about the evaluation process can be followed in the journal management system. During the publishing process, article evaluation forms and the texts evaluated by the peers have been delivered to the authors by the editorial board. The ethical responsibilities which were expected from the peers are as follows:
3. Ethical Responsibilities of the Editor
The editors who are responsible for each published article in the Ataturk University JEAS have the following role and liabilities:
(a) Editors are liable to meet the demand of the information about the publication and evaluation process coming from the authors, readers and peers and to give explanatory feedback and continue the working process without any concession to the copyright and ethical standards.
(b) Editors are liable to consider the skill, experience, expectations of the reader, researcher and practitioners and articles’ giving scientific contribution to the literature and authenticity of the work.
(c) Editors have right to have negative or positive decision on the the importance, authenticity, validity, clarity of the article based on the scope, aim and goals of the journal.
(d) Editors must publish “The Blind Review and the Evaluation Process” absolutely and prevent any possible aberrations in the defined processes.
(e) Editors must publish an “Author Guide” which include all topics and questions that are expected themselves.
(f) Editors are liable to appoint the peers according to the subject of the article, to provide the required information and guides for the peers to evaluate the articles, to keep secret the identity of the peers in accordance with the blind review and to examine whether there is the conflict of interest between peers and the authors.
(g) Editors are liable to provide for advancing of the process done by the scientific committee and the editorial board in accordance with the publishing policy and instructions and to keep informed by giving information to the members of the scientific committee and the editorial board about the publishing policies.
(h) Editors are responsible for the protection of the personal data that are about the evaluated article and that of the peers and readers.
(i) Editors are respobsible for the protection of the human and animal rights in the evaluated articles and rejection of the work in which the approval of the ethical committee for the subjects and the permissions about the experimental studies are absent
(j) Editors are liable to heed the complaint of the peers, readers or authors and respond them in an explanatory informative way by examining carefully. Within this context, authors, readers or the peers can inform the demand of the correction, complaint and so on (plagiarism, duplicate article etc.)by sending e-mail to email@example.com.
(k) Editors guarantee the completion of the publishing process independently and objectively by taking into consideration the conflict of interest between author(s), peers and other editors.
(l) Editors have the full authority and responsibility to approve or reject and article and should not have conflict of interest for the apporved or rejected articles.
4. Exposure the Pligarism
The articles which were sent to the Ataturk University JEAS to be published have been subjected to the two-way blind review evaluation by at least 2 peers. Moreover, in order to prevent unethical attempts, the articles have been subjected to the pre-evaluation through the Internet-based plagiarism detection softwares like iThenticate which have international validity before the peer review process has started. For the works which do not fit to the plagiarism policy of the journal the peer review process does not start and they are rejected. If you encounter any unethical manner or content apart from the ones which were mentioned in the Ataturk University JEAS please inform us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ataturk University JEAS is a peer reviewed and periodical journal which is published every three months in a year (January-April-July-October). Scientific articles and reviews which have theoretical grounds and empirical facts in vaiorus fields including, Economics, Business, International Relations, Public Administration, Econometrics, Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, Management Information Systems, International Trade and Logistics have been given place in the journal. The academic studies which came from the other fields of the social sciences and were not mention above has not been given place. The works which were published in the journal are Turkish and English.
The articles which were sent to the journal were subjected to the pre-evaluation in terms of form and content. It is necessary to be conducted the form requirement and sending process have been in accordance with the terms of the journal. The articles which do not meet these requirements are rejected by the editorial board. The articles which were approved in terms of form and content have been submitted to the editorial board to the assignment of the peer. It has not been guaranteed that the articles which were submitted to the journal has been taken to the peer review process and the dated a definitely for the evaluation process.
The articles which were sent to the journal were sent to at least 2 peers who were expert in their fields to be evaluated and in the event that both peer reports are positive the publication of the article has been decided. If one of the reports is positive and the other is negative, then the publication decision can be made by the editorial board regarding the peer reports or if necessary, it can be sent to another third peer to be evaluated.
An author whose article has been published cannot make an application for a new article in one year and it is necessary to pass at least one year for the publication the second article of the same author.
The articles which were sent to the journal is required not to be in the evaluation process of another journal, has not been published anywhere before neither been approved for publishing. In that case, the responsibility belongs to the author(s).
Author(s) are required to pay 200TL into Halkbank Dadaşkent Şubesi: Atatürk Üniversitesi Strateji Geliştirme Daire Başkanlığı (Ataturk University Directorate of Strategy Development)(TR88 0001 2001 6770 0004 0000 13) to meet the costs of journal (Typesetting, hard copy and postage) and submit the bank receipt to Dergipark system. Preliminary examination and peer review process of the editorial board has started with the payment of the delivery cost. In the statement part of the receipt the title of the article and the information of the author in charge should be mentioned. The pay of articles which were found inappropriate by the editorial board to publish in the preliminary examination and peer review process has not been refunded. Claim for refund based on different comments about the editorial board or reviewer evaluations have been disregarded. The author(s) who are assigned as peer-review in a number of times in the journal on the condition of the 1 year are not in the pay for an article to be sent.