TUHED invites all scholarly work to contribute to history didactic, history teaching, and history of history teaching written either in Turkish or English.
Please organize your manuscript prior to application in accordance with the TUHED Manuscript Template (Link). TUHED uses Publication Manual of the
American Psychological Association, 6th edition as a citation and referencing guide. Please see APA 6th edition for more information.
TUHED does not have an article submission or article processing charges (APCs).
Submission Preparation Checklist:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
• The submission has not been previously published in any other journal, nor submitted to another journal for publication consideration.
• The submission is original and written by stated author(s).
• The submission is written either in Turkish or English. Manuscript written in English has to have min. 200 max. 250 words abstract followed by 5-7 keywords.
• The submission should not exceed 8.000 words (including abstract and bibliography).
• The submission file is in MS Word (.doc or .docx) format.
• Proofreading have been performed.
• Authors' names, institutions and address information should be excluded in the first submission text.
Documents to be uploaded to the system:
During the first submission, the following files must be uploaded to the system:
1. Maximum 8000 words, Turkish or English full text article formatted according to the TUHED Manuscript Template (Link). (Name, institution information, e-mail, ORCID number and acknowledge must be removed!)
2. Ethical Declaration Form: If the study requires ethics committee approval, the relevant document (s) should be attached to the back of this form (as the 2nd and 3rd page) and uploaded to the system as a single PDF file. If a personal data collection tool or a copyrighted image is used, the required usage permission documents must be attached to this form as well.
3. Similarity report (The similarity report of the article should be obtained using İntihal.net or IThenticate services and this report should be uploaded to the system during the first application)
4. (For the Applications in English) Certificate of Editing: This certificate has to obtained from the relevant institutions showing that the proofreading has been performed on the English article.
For the articles accepted for publication after the peer-review process, the following files must be uploaded to the system:
a) Applications in Turkish:
1. Full text article in Turkish with a complete name, institution information, e-mail, ORCID number, and Acknowledge
2. Full text article in English with a completed name, institution information, e-mail, ORCID number, and Acknowledge
3. Certificate of Editing: This certificate has to obtained from the relevant institution, indicating proofreading has been performed on the English article.
b) Applications in English:
1. Full text article in English with a completed name, institution information, e-mail, ORCID number, Ethics Declaration, and Acknowledge.
Note: ORCID number must be entered for all authors of the article.
Guidelines for publication reviews and interviews:
Review and interview works should also formated in accordance with TUHED Manuscript Template in terms of layout and format, but section and sub-titles can be edited the authors in accordance with the content.
Guidelines for translation works:
This section aims to share with Turkish readers important works in the fields of history education / teaching or historiography published in Old Turkish or other languages. Your translation works should conform to the TUHED Manuscript Template in terms of layout and format, but chapters but section and sub-titles can be determined by the authors in accordance with the content.
For all translation / reprint submissions:
1. Authors has to obtain required translation and reprint permission from the legal copyringht holder. Permission documents should be uploaded system as an Appendix to the Ethical Declaration Form.
2. Translations should include the entire article / book chapter (without skipping any section, paragraph or footnotes).
3. Make no adding to the main text, place the additional information, explanation and critcs belogns to translator in the footnote section by adding the translator's note (tn) at the beginning of the sentence.
4. Submit the original version of the work as an Appendix to the translation text in image form.
1- Ethics Committee Approval:
In accordance with the ULAKBİM decision of 25 February 2020, Ethics Committee Approval must be obtained for studies on people (without age restrictions), this approval must be specified in the Method section of the article and signed Ethics Committee Approval must be uploaded to the system. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered for publication.
2- New Publication Policy
Beginning from Spring 2021 issue TUHED will require all Turkish manuscripts to contain a full-text English translation. Manuscripts submitted in Turkish will be requested to have full-text English translation if they are accepted for publication after the review process.
According to the TUHED's new publication policy, the articles which have completed the evaluation process will be published online-first. It will no longer be necessary for manuscripts to wait until the “next issue”. Online-first articles will receive an international identification code (DOI), and identified page numbers.
Turkish History Education Journal site and its metadata are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Permissions beyond the scope of this license is available at COPYRIGHT